..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Ar Tonelico 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently found out a few days ago that in the first Ar Tonelico game, it basically locks up when you have Conversations in the Rest option when going to the Inn or when the game pulls up the rest option and either character has a topic to talk about. I have been jumping back and forth between 1.4.0 and 1.6.0 to be able to play the game. Any time there is a Conversation topic. I have to save the game and load it up on the 1.4.0 emulator. Works fine. when done. Save and then go back to the 1.6.0 emu. When the game hangs. it will not load the topics to select and the framerate slows down to half speed.

Just wanted to let you guys know.
Working in 1.4.0
[attachment=73718]

Starting topic on 1.6.0
[attachment=73719]

1.6.0 hanging up
[attachment=73720]
You have savestate/memcard save/ blockdump of this?
(08-26-2021, 04:12 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: [ -> ]You have savestate/memcard save/ blockdump of this?

Not of when it first started happening. I have put alot of hours in the game.  My earliest game save is 9h52m into the game. It was happening way before that. Also my current is 20+hrs with swapping back and forth between the two Emu versions. Added note, It did not start happening untill I was able to use both Misha and Aurica in game. It worked fine when I just had Aurica. I will send the mem card in a zip.

Game save is at the Inn. When you select the rest option. it will initialize a conversation with Aurica and as soon as the talk topics try to load. the game hangs and the FPS slows to half. Thank you for the prompt reply. Also there is also a battle scenario that i just discovered. When the Enemies target the Rayvetail{sp?} in battle you can choose to defend them. When you do, you can do a retaliate attack. Hit the button command and it will initialize the attack. The game will sometimes hang up as well when you defeat an opponent with the counter attack.  The enemy will either disappear or be left spinning in the air. Either way, when it does happen, the battle just hangs.

Thank you for the prompt reply! :}

[attachment=73721]
-Redacted-
I can't reproduce this bug on my side. Both 1.6 and latest dev version work fine and conversation load properly. Most probably you have enabled some non default setting that's breaking the game for you. Try a fresh install and import your memory card save.
(08-26-2021, 07:40 AM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]I can't reproduce this bug on my side. Both 1.6 and latest dev version work fine and conversation load properly. Most probably you have enabled some non default setting that's breaking the game for you. Try a fresh install and import your memory card save.

Thank you. I did what you asked. Redid from scratch. Turned on each setting and installed each patch file and pnatch file one at a time and loaded the game on each update. It was a bad code in the Pnatch file. It's working fine now. It was strange that the code didn't start to cause conflicts untill over 7 hrs into the game.

Thank you for the help RedDevilus, Prafull, and others who sent me suggestions!

Sorry for the inconvenience. :{
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.