..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Frame Limiter Configuration for 60+ FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently playing Final Fantasy X [German-PAL] @ 1920x1080 internal resolution. The emulation runs at 59-60 fps in "Normal" frame limit mode (50 fps in "Limit" mode), only short drops to 40-45 fps during a few aeon summons or overdrives (shiva e.g.). My question now: isn't it supposed to "render all frames as fast as possible", meaning it should sometimes run at even more than 60 fps? If not, is it possible to otherwise configure the emulator to run at more than 100% speed? tia
Decrease your internal res bit.
even with native res it runs at exactly 60.00 fps max, there seems to be a "hard" limit of 60. i also tried a custom fps limit of 100, still the fps stays at 60 (almost) all the time. i am rather confident that my system would be able to at least sometimes achieve even higher fps, especially in the menus. it isn't only for faster xp grinding, i also want to compare the "raw" fps in dx9 and dx10 mode with some of my games to see how much the difference really is.
(05-09-2009, 01:00 AM)zero29 Wrote: [ -> ]even with native res it runs at exactly 60.00 fps max, there seems to be a "hard" limit of 60. i also tried a custom fps limit of 100, still the fps stays at 60 (almost) all the time. i am rather confident that my system would be able to at least sometimes achieve even higher fps, especially in the menus. it isn't only for faster xp grinding, i also want to compare the "raw" fps in dx9 and dx10 mode with some of my games to see how much the difference really is.

Sounds like you have VSync enabled, either in the plugin or your ATI control panel.
(05-08-2009, 10:58 PM)zero29 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently playing Final Fantasy X [German-PAL] @ 1920x1080 internal resolution. The emulation runs at 59-60 fps in "Normal" frame limit mode (50 fps in "Limit" mode), only short drops to 40-45 fps during a few aeon summons or overdrives (shiva e.g.). My question now: isn't it supposed to "render all frames as fast as possible", meaning it should sometimes run at even more than 60 fps? If not, is it possible to otherwise configure the emulator to run at more than 100% speed? tia
Use Peops Spu 2 and check the "Thread Mode" option and set the frames to render as fast as possable and wala. Hope that helpedSmile
(05-09-2009, 01:26 AM)Nijohc Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have VSync enabled, either in the plugin or your ATI control panel.

-.- seems that my eyes skillfully avoided this obvious option, embarrassing...

works now, thanks Laugh

quick benchmark with the full shiva summoning:

dx9: drops under 60 fps for several seconds, one time to just 25 fps, max is 100, average is clearly below 100% speed
dx10: never drops under 50 fps, maximum is 120, average is clearly above 100% emulation speed
especially the difference in minimum fps of 25 to 50 is amazing

(05-09-2009, 02:02 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: [ -> ]Use Peops Spu 2 and check the "Thread Mode" option and set the frames to render as fast as possable and wala. Hope that helpedSmile

problem already solved, but thanks anyway Smile