..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Playing CDs and DVDs in PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing as the entire PS2 OS is basically running, I thought I'd try playing audio CDs. Funny enough, it works. I think I have found the most stupid reason to use this emulator. I can see some good reason for it though, either for nostalgia purposes, or for using a computer as if it were a PS2. Has anyone else here played CDs or DVDs in PCSX2?

Also, I do have to report an issue with CD playback. There are stutters in the audio while playing, and I don't believe it is anything hardware related. The emulation occasionally has hitches to about 80% speed and causes a stutter in the audio. EE is generally around 10-20%, GS at 1%. Happens less on the safe emulation preset, but still happens. Using an i7-4770. There isn't much of a need for audio playback to be perfect though, and games run perfect performance wise. I'd just love to have a full on perfect virtual PS2, CD and DVD playback included, since my real PS2 is partly broken. My frame limiter also looks a bit wild, going between 50.2 FPS and 49.8 FPS fairly rapidly, not sure if this is how it should be or not. And turning off the limiter in audio CD playback makes me go up to 600% emulation speed, so I really doubt it is a lack of PC power.
(09-23-2021, 02:51 PM)SnakeFace Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as the entire PS2 OS is basically running, I thought I'd try playing audio CDs. Funny enough, it works. I think I have found the most stupid reason to use this emulator. I can see some good reason for it though, either for nostalgia purposes, or for using a computer as if it were a PS2. Has anyone else here played CDs or DVDs in PCSX2?

Also, I do have to report an issue with CD playback. There are stutters in the audio while playing, and I don't believe it is anything hardware related. The emulation occasionally has hitches to about 80% speed and causes a stutter in the audio. EE is generally around 10-20%, GS at 1%. Happens less on the safe emulation preset, but still happens. Using an i7-4770. There isn't much of a need for audio playback to be perfect though, and games run perfect performance wise. I'd just love to have a full on perfect virtual PS2, CD and DVD playback included, since my real PS2 is partly broken. My frame limiter also looks a bit wild, going between 50.2 FPS and 49.8 FPS fairly rapidly, not sure if this is how it should be or not. And turning off the limiter in audio CD playback makes me go up to 600% emulation speed, so I really doubt it is a lack of PC power.

I know this post is old, but yes I mounted a cue file and the PCSX2 sees it as an audio CD and it plays without stutters.