..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help inputting Bios into client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I'm pretty new to this and not very educated on the subject but have tried before to no avail to have my pcsx2 client recognize the bios i have. I have 7zip and winrar and am not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I looked up a couple tutorials to see what I'm missing but I can't really follow as they don't encounter the problems I do, which is that when I try to look for the Bios folder and then click it nothing appears like in theirs which just loads all the regions and lets them in. I can't get past the inital setup window. Any help would be greatly appreciated although I will say I'm not very computer savvy so sorry if I ask dumb questions. As for what I have, I have two different bios (I think) and the PCSX2 client. Thanks for your time
did you follow the tutorial below ?

Code:
How to dump your PS2 BIOS
Dumping your PS2 BIOS requires a mod to your PS2 to allow arbitrary code execution.
Popular options:
1) FreeMcBoot Memory Card: Works for all but the newest (9xxxx serial number with a date code larger than 8B) slim PS2s. Can be found online for ~10 USD. Minimal effort.
2) FreeDVDBoot: Works for many slim models, and some phat models. Slight effort, but free.
3) Disc swap exploits: Technical in nature, involves hardware tampering. Guides can be found quickly by Googling.
4) Mod chips: Extremely technical, requires soldering skills. DO NOT ATTEMPT unless you are an electronics pro.

Downloading the dumper utility
- Hosted on the PCSX2 website: https://pcsx2.net/download/releases/tools.html
- Select the 'Binary' option. Extract the .7z archive on to a flash drive.

Starting a PS2 with FreeMcBoot
- Plug the FreeMcBoot memory card into memory card port 1
- Turn on the PS2 with no disc inside.
- Select uLaunchELF from the menu.

Starting a PS2 with FreeDVDBoot
- Download the ISO which matches your console: https://github.com/CTurt/FreeDVDBoot/tree/master/PREBUILT%20ISOs
- Burn the ISO to a DVD.
- Insert the burned FreeDVDBoot disc, then reset/turn on the PS2. uLaunchELF should open.

Dumping the BIOS
- Insert your USB flash drive with the BIOS dumper on it.
- Navigate uLaunchELF to the device named mass: and open it.
- Locate and run DUMPBIOS-MASS.ELF.

If you have a .bin, .nvm, .mec and more files named after your PS2's serial number, your PS2 BIOS is dumped successfully.
(10-26-2021, 09:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]did you follow the tutorial below ?

Code:
How to dump your PS2 BIOS
Dumping your PS2 BIOS requires a mod to your PS2 to allow arbitrary code execution.
Popular options:
1) FreeMcBoot Memory Card: Works for all but the newest (9xxxx serial number with a date code larger than 8B) slim PS2s. Can be found online for ~10 USD. Minimal effort.
2) FreeDVDBoot: Works for many slim models, and some phat models. Slight effort, but free.
3) Disc swap exploits: Technical in nature, involves hardware tampering. Guides can be found quickly by Googling.
4) Mod chips: Extremely technical, requires soldering skills. DO NOT ATTEMPT unless you are an electronics pro.

Downloading the dumper utility
- Hosted on the PCSX2 website: https://pcsx2.net/download/releases/tools.html
- Select the 'Binary' option. Extract the .7z archive on to a flash drive.

Starting a PS2 with FreeMcBoot
- Plug the FreeMcBoot memory card into memory card port 1
- Turn on the PS2 with no disc inside.
- Select uLaunchELF from the menu.

Starting a PS2 with FreeDVDBoot
- Download the ISO which matches your console: https://github.com/CTurt/FreeDVDBoot/tree/master/PREBUILT%20ISOs
- Burn the ISO to a DVD.
- Insert the burned FreeDVDBoot disc, then reset/turn on the PS2. uLaunchELF should open.

Dumping the BIOS
- Insert your USB flash drive with the BIOS dumper on it.
- Navigate uLaunchELF to the device named mass: and open it.
- Locate and run DUMPBIOS-MASS.ELF.

If you have a .bin, .nvm, .mec and more files named after your PS2's serial number, your PS2 BIOS is dumped successfully.
Ah, that may be why I'm having trouble, I was using a BIOS i found online. I don't actually have a ps2, my bad.
no problem.
just have a warning for piracy, and come back when you own a PS2 to get help if you need