..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need for Speed Underground visual bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
System Specs: 
Intel Core I5-7500
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 ti

I'm on version 1.60 of pcxs2

Whenever I first started playing Need for Speed Underground I noticed this strange line on the floor that would go over your car and over sidewalks (screenshot should be right below here) so I fiddled with some settings and discovered that if I set skip draw to 1 the problem would go away but then I would have this strange shaky blurry bug which was worse than the first bug. If I set the skipdraw to 2 the line would just come back by itself. If I set skipdraw range to 1 and 2 then the blur would get even worse and even more visual bugs would appear. 

I would also like to mention that this line bug appears in other Need for Speed games like Hot Pursuit 2.

weird line bug (more noticeable in-game as it will crawl up your car and into your view as you're racing)
[attachment=74214]

weird blur

If I could get anyone's help or response that would be greatly appreciated and you would have my thanks.
can you try latest dev build, please ?
I tried dev build version v1.7.2077 and have found some interesting findings. What's causing the first bug is me having the half screen fix force enabled or on automatic, if I disable it the line instead kind of wraps around the outside of my car instead of just going across my screen. Another interesting thing I found was that if I disabled depth emulation while the half screen fix was on automatic then both the new line bug and the blurry skipdraw bug would reappear. I'll fumble around with a few more settings and then get back to this thread.

Edit: If I completely turn off HW hacks then the regular line comes back
The line only seems to go away entirely when using the original ps2 resolution

PS2 
[attachment=74230]
720p (line is on top of the car)
[attachment=74231]
Alright after fiddling with some more settings I found that if you set the skipdraw range from 1 to 6 then all of the visual bugs go away, my problem has been fixed.
I'm a bit new here so I don't know if there's anyway to close this thread or anything so I'll just leave it like this for now.

oh and thanks to jesalvein for helping out earlier, he seems pretty cool