..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Evil Dead A Fistful Of Boomstick [NTSC-U] fps issue at latest dev builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello dear PCSX2-Team,

by chance i have found a bug in this game (i think it deserves to be called a bug). When playing with the affected PCSX2 dev builds at 5x Native Resolution - 8x Native Resolution, the fps are only at a maximum of 13fps. With the last working PCSX2 dev builds i achieved stable/fluid 60fps and no frame drops at 8x Native Resolution with no speedhacks. The renderers OpenGL and Direct3D 11 are affected. I have tested with and without cheats/hacks, with default and custom settings, but i could not solve the problem by myself. Maybe there is the same problem with other games yet.

Game: Evil Dead A Fistful Of Boomstick [NTSC-U] (SLUS_204.03 / CRC = E3185DC1)
First affected PCSX2-Version: PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.2126 and above
Last working PCSX2-Version: PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.2125

Sorry for the quick and maybe already annoying reports from me, but all i want is to help. Smile
could be an effect that is finally properly rendered.
not sure if we can call that a "bug"
Yeah, let us see what the other members have to say about it.
Was the lighting also fixed by 2126? I heard that this game the lighting got fixed recently.
A graphical bug was fixed between v1.7.2125 and v1.7.2126 and no longer exists since v1.7.2126. There somehow appeared transparent black boxes that flickered. I could not detect any other graphical issues since v1.7.2126. I think the only exception is the body shadow of Ash (the playable character in this game). His body shadow still flickering, but with the workaround-hack „Disable Hardware Depth“ this can be fixed. Would you say that the fps problem is maybe a bug or a natural progression that was to be expected? Anyway, it is nothing bad. Just reduce the native resolution enough and all is well (1x Native - 4x Native works good for me). But to be safe, everything that happened between these builds should be reviewed again. If everything is okay, then this bug report can be closed, right?

Keep up your good work! For me it is one of the best emulators. Smile
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.