..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Skipping selection in menu navigation - Army Men RTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, thanks everyone for helping to make playing some of my favorite games easier.

I'm attempting to play Army Men RTS (USA) on PCSX2 1.6.0 with no special settings. Using keyboard and mouse to play.

On every menu screen when attempting to navigate over by one selection, it skips a selection, moving over by two units, instead of one. This is consistent.

I've tried using the d-pad, left-analogue, right-analogue and adjusting the sensitivity, dead zone, dead zone skip and rapid fire. There is a threshold at around .4 on the sensitivity where anything bellow .4 does not produce a result and anything above .4 produces the selection skip. I've also attempted slow motion.

It does appear to be very quickly cycling over the nearest menu item.

In some screens I was able to move down one unit by pressing the down and right/left key at the same time (down & left OR down & right both work). I understand this as the emulator reading the down input being lower, allowing the one unit change.

This solution does not work for the rest of the game, however. Attached is an example, the grenadier is being skipped over.

Thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts on the matter. Thank you and Happy New Year :)

Edit: I 've just been holding the d-pad the opposite direction that I want to go and tapping the direction that I do want to go. This doesn't work for L or R stick movement though. This is working well enough for me to progress with the game, it is; however, a pain in the ass.

Edit 2: I've beaten the main campaign this way. I also realized that there is a PC version of this game which I could have played to avoid this, oh well.
(01-02-2022, 05:50 AM)It'sLuBu! Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, thanks everyone for helping to make playing some of my favorite games easier.

I'm attempting to play Army Men RTS (USA) on PCSX2 1.6.0 with no special settings. Using keyboard and mouse to play.

On every menu screen when attempting to navigate over by one selection, it skips a selection, moving over by two units, instead of one. This is consistent.

I've tried using the d-pad, left-analogue, right-analogue and adjusting the sensitivity, dead zone, dead zone skip and rapid fire. There is a threshold at around .4 on the sensitivity where anything bellow .4 does not produce a result and anything above .4 produces the selection skip. I've also attempted slow motion.

It does appear to be very quickly cycling over the nearest menu item.

In some screens I was able to move down one unit by pressing the down and right/left key at the same time (down & left OR down & right both work). I understand this as the emulator reading the down input being lower, allowing the one unit change.

This solution does not work for the rest of the game, however. Attached is an example, the grenadier is being skipped over.

Thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts on the matter. Thank you and Happy New Year Smile

Edit: I 've just been holding the d-pad the opposite direction that I want to go and tapping the direction that I do want to go. This doesn't work for L or R stick movement though. This is working well enough for me to progress with the game, it is; however, a pain in the ass.

Edit 2: I've beaten the main campaign this way. I also realized that there is a PC version of this game which I could have played to avoid this, oh well.

Hey! i just tried the pcs of AM rts as well and im having the same problem with mine. i cant see a work around. its unfortunate but as you said, i suppose theres always the pc version