..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Devil May Cry 3 keeps freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So one day, I decided to play Devil May Cry 3 on PCSX2, I got into the game, selected my style and all that stuff, I started the mission played some of it and then it suddenly froze. I tried again, froze at the first mission, re-installed it, froze at the first mission. I was starting to think it might've been a problem with my specs and maybe it couldn't run it, so I tried it on my laptop, it worked, I completed the game. Recently, I wanted to re-play the game but my laptop had broken down, so I went to my PC. I tried and tried again, nothing worked, I looked up everything I could, again nothing worked. So I decided to ask on the PCSX2 forum and here I am. So right now, I can't identify the problem but there are thing that might help find it. So when the game freezes these variables called EE and GS go to 0, I assume GS is Gamespeed which makes sense but I have no idea what EE is and when I try to look in the logs, I don't find any error besides " padman: *** VBLANK OVERLAP *** ". I've been trying for months at this point, I really hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]