..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence slow-motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, 

I'm getting low FPS in certain areas of MGS3. The starting area is ok, but as soon as I enter Dremuchji Swampland my game slows down to a significant amount. I thought this was an FPS issue, as the game's speed is tied to the FPS but my FPS is fine. It stays at 60, maybe drops to 59.90 or 59.80 but that's it. The game is noticeably slow. I've tried looking up YouTube videos and copying their settings and I have had no luck. I've tried going on other forums (including here) and trying to copy the answers for those posts and also nothing helped. I tried using a latest developer build, which was Nightly v1.72218 and that didn't change anything- I didn't think it would but I thought I may as well try. My copy of MGS3 is NTSC (NA), I would post my emulation settings but I think it's pointless because I've tried loads of different settings and that hasn't helped at all. It's really annoying because it's hard to play this game these days, they removed it from the PSNow store and my PS3 is broke. 

Specs: 
CPU: Intel i7 10700K
GPU: RTX 2080ti
RAM: 16gb
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
-DELETED-
What do the ee% and gs% say when it's slow ?
(01-12-2022, 01:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]What do the ee% and gs% say when it's slow ?

They are both fluctuating quickly. The EE is fluctuating between 25 to 30ish % and the GS is fluctuating between 13 to 28ish %