..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gran Turismo 4 is very choppy on ''good'' PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
can you please post a screenshot of gsdx titlebar when it's slow ?
(02-21-2022, 10:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]can you please post a screenshot of gsdx titlebar when it's slow ?

It might be a bit hard to read but the EE is 38%, theĀ GS is 24% and the VUis 25%, the game just has an exitential crisis and starts dropping frames or something, there are some spots were everything but the backgrounds/area around the track and things in the distance gets choppy.

The game speed still stays at a constant 100%.

[attachment=74878]
oh, you meant internal framerate ?
that's to be expected.
try the game on your real ps2, you'll see
(02-21-2022, 12:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]oh, you meant internal framerate ?
that's to be expected.

So im guessing this is normal then? and i thought that wasn't internal framerate for some reason my bad. But i wonder if there will be some breakthrough in emulation tech or whatever you call it so that it gets even closer to the real deal.
the "real deal" it to be perfectly accurate, just as if you were on your real PS2
(02-21-2022, 01:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]the "real deal" it to be perfectly accurate, just as if you were on your real PS2

yup, that would be very cool, is there a way to lessen these slowdowns or is this just how it is sometimes?
'
Try the game on your PS2. Do you get the same slowdowns ?
(02-21-2022, 12:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]oh, you meant internal framerate ?
that's to be expected.

I did not have this issue on the real PS2 when I played it with my brother in splitscreen on that exact track. I didn't play this 20 years ago like many here, I wasn't even born when the PS2 came out. So I'm not having nostalgic memories of how it was (played it 6 months ago to be exact). So, compared to the real PS2(phat), this is unusual.
Sorry if this seems rude, I don't really know how to reword this without reducing the efficacy of what I was trying to convey.
(03-01-2022, 07:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Try the game on your PS2. Do you get the same slowdowns ?

nope, i tried some other games on my ps2 to sure (gta 3 and gran turismo 3)
(03-01-2022, 08:39 PM)DANK_AS_FRICK Wrote: [ -> ]I did not have this issue on the real PS2 when I played it with my brother in splitscreen on that exact track. I didn't play this 20 years ago like many here, I wasn't even born when the PS2 came out. So I'm not having nostalgic memories of how it was (played it 6 months ago to be exact). So, compared to the real PS2(phat), this is unusual.
Sorry if this seems rude, I don't really know how to reword this without reducing the efficacy of what I was trying to convey.

Same here, i got my ps2 in 2017 i think so ive had if for a while now but not even close to how long it has been around. Lovely system and it has a lot of great titels, i would like to play my games on it instead but its having some problems with reading discs and i don't feel like repairing it at the moment.
Pages: 1 2 3