..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Does PCSX2 Support Key Combinations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been thinking about emulating some of my ps2 games on my pc, im wondering if pcx2 can do key combinations.
For example, 
Shift + A

Thanks!
Well you can do it in the old (which is the current) GUI.

Hotkeys and remapping
Finding hotkeys can be found here:
- https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Hotkeys

Changing default hotkeys
Keep in mind this won't be effective for all hotkeys such as Escape or the GS hotkeys
- Enable hidden extentions by doing File Explorer > View > File Name Extensions
- Copy PCSX2_keys.ini.default into the inis folder
- Rename the copy into PCSX2_keys.ini
- Change PCSX2_keys.ini with a text editor as you please.

Future goal is to have an easier way to do custom hotkeys remapping.

In the new GUI you can just do it easily in the hotkeys window.
(03-18-2022, 09:00 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: [ -> ]Well you can do it in the old (which is the current) GUI.

Hotkeys and remapping
Finding hotkeys can be found here:
- https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Hotkeys

Changing default hotkeys
Keep in mind this won't be effective for all hotkeys such as Escape or the GS hotkeys
- Enable hidden extentions by doing File Explorer > View > File Name Extensions
- Copy PCSX2_keys.ini.default into the inis folder
- Rename the copy into PCSX2_keys.ini
- Change PCSX2_keys.ini with a text editor as you please.

Future goal is to have an easier way to do custom hotkeys remapping.

In the new GUI you can just do it easily in the hotkeys window.
=====================================================

so, does this also apply to the console emulation?
I meant was if key combinations apply to the buttons itself
Like, shift + A as Up Left Analog 

Sorry if im asking too many questions.. im pretty new to emulation
Well it depends you can do 2 keybindings to represent 1 keybinding on the console itself. Or do you count using joystick and a face button as key combination as that works already.
(03-19-2022, 08:07 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: [ -> ]Well it depends you can do 2 keybindings to represent 1 keybinding on the console itself. Or do you count using joystick and a face button as key combination as that works already.

RedDevilus,

I am relatively new to PS2 emulation but I am very impressed with what you've achieved with PCX2. However, the one glaring issue I have and seemingly many others have is the reliance on a keyboard. You must be aware of the huge movement to emulation type arcade machines and PCs using Launchbox or similar as a front end. You must also be aware of the growing trend for handheld PCs Aya Neo, Steam Deck, One x player, etc which do not have a physical keyboard. There is a huge and growing market for such features. Your emulator is a perfect complement to such a setup except it still needs a keyboard to perform some basic functions using hotkeys. I have fairly modest requirements in this regard. I would like the ability to access certain functions using button combinations on my gamepad. I would like to exit as well as to access save state and load state. Obviously ideally I would match the functions provided by Retroarch with the same button combinations. I see you have been responding for over a year with the closing statement " Future goal is to have an easier way to do custom hotkeys" - is this a real goal or a dream and will it include controller buttons. Could you please raise a feature request for this feature to meet the future market for your emulator?
We don't tak feature requests
But new UI will improve this, yes