..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: "DVD player is not set up."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just started using PCSX2 today and I wanted to play "The Sopranos: Road to Respect", but when I booted it as a full ISO on PCSX2 I got a message saying "DVD player is not set up."

How do I resolve this?

Edit: I also tried fast boot and it did not work either.
Did you configure the CDVD options? Specifically making sure that it's trying to run a ISO and not a DVD?
Also, I think the older versions of the emulator required you to configure a DVD plugin. Make sure you're using the latest nightly build from the download page. It eliminated the use of plugins and it's a lot easier to configure
(03-31-2022, 01:17 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Did you configure the CDVD options?  Specifically making sure that it's trying to run a ISO and not a DVD?
Also, I think the older versions of the emulator required you to configure a DVD plugin.  Make sure you're using the latest nightly build from the download page.  It eliminated the use of plugins and it's a lot easier to configure

Hi. I actually got it to work by reverting to 1.4.0, but thank you for the response.
Keep in mind 1.4.0 isn't supported so you're not likely to get much help. 1.4.0 was released several years ago, so it's been heavily improved since then. You're really better off using the latest builds