..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ugly graphics problem regardless of interlacing setting or resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd describe it as a "fence chainlinks" overlay on the whole screen, that doesn't replicate in screenshots. Can anyone help?
Sounds like you need to press F7 a few times until it goes back to normal
(04-24-2022, 05:41 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you need to press F7 a few times until it goes back to normal

Didn't work but thanks for the idea. it is exclusive to the nightly build, it doesn't happen on the stable release. but the stable release can't force 30fps ps2 games to be 60 like nightly build can...*sigh*
oh if you're on a nightly build then F7 no longer works, you need to go to Config->Graphics Settings, then the "Shader" tab, then change "TV Shader" at the bottom to "None"

if it's already none, then you will need to show us a screenshot of what you mean.
(04-24-2022, 05:56 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]oh if you're on a nightly build then F7 no longer works, you need to go to Config->Graphics Settings, then the "Shader" tab, then change "TV Shader" at the bottom to "None"

if it's already none, then you will need to show us a screenshot of what you mean.

my snapshot appears to be too big for this forum(2mb limit) i'll compress it and come back

(04-24-2022, 05:56 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]oh if you're on a nightly build then F7 no longer works, you need to go to Config->Graphics Settings, then the "Shader" tab, then change "TV Shader" at the bottom to "None"

turning off TV filter was the first thing I tried, but it still looked like this. image compression may have reduced the noticeability of the problem
oh, right, that. if you don't like that you need to set "Dithering" to "none" in the graphics settings, but that is accurate to what the PS2 would do.

Edit: TBH it looks like you've set it to "Scaled" which will look terrible, you need to have "Unscaled" for upscaling to not look bad.
(04-24-2022, 06:08 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]oh, right, that.  if you don't like that you need to set "Dithering" to "none" in the graphics settings, but that is accurate to what the PS2 would do.

Edit: TBH it looks like you've set it to "Scaled" which will look terrible, you need to have "Unscaled" for upscaling to not look bad.

Yup that did it! strange, dithering never does that for other programs, what gives with pcsx2? but thanks now i can have 60fps game without that terrible graphics overlay.
"other programs" don't render half of their games in 16bit colour, which the PS2 does a lot due to memory constraints. Dithering makes it so the lower colour depth doesn't cause bad banding.

Anyway the unscaled mode is kind of the most authentic as it will match the size of the pixels in the resolution you're in without getting rid of the effect completely.
ah, okay. well what's with the shimmering effect when i have upscaled rendering on? it goes away when i use ps2 native resolution.
upscaling artifacts, you will need to use hw hacks to get rid of it, usually "Half Pixel Offset" set to something will fix that kind of thing.

What game is it? It'd be nice to find out what it needs then add it to the GameDB so you don't have to enable it manually (enabling manual hw hacks will disable any automatic ones)
Pages: 1 2