..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Issues running on Windows 11?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, just made an account here so I could ask around the community and see if somebody could help me out. My brother has been playing the og Ratchet and Clank for a few months now and has had no trouble on his laptop whatsoever (CPU: Core i7 10870H. GPU: RTX 2060. 16gb memory) and was running Windows 10 the whole time. He recently updated to Windows 11 and ever since his emulation speed has been averaging around 25% and the game is virtually unplayable. Before it would steadily run around ~100% and he'd have zero slowdown anywhere in the game. For reference my Desktop (CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x. GPU: GTX 1660ti. 16gb memory) has zero issue running the same exact ISO file and I experience zero slowdown, the only difference being that I'm on Windows 10. I don't want to factory reset his pc if I don't have to, and everywhere I've looked has said that pcsx2 should work fine on Windows 11 but his instance isn't going great. I've lowered the render resolution as low as it'll go and even this doesn't seem to be fixing it. Anyone have any ideas on other things I could try or should I just bite the bullet and factory reset his machine to go back to Windows 10?
Windows 11 is essentially just a GUI update to Windows 10. The primary reason they gave it a new version number is because of the new TPM requirements. I would suggest that he make sure all the drivers are up to date. Make sure PCSX2 is set to default settings and see if that helps. Disable any cheats or speedhacks. If that seems to help, then he can enable other settings to see what could be slowing things down. If that doesn't work, then, as jesalvein would say, please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurrs
I have Windows 11 and no problem for me when I played with it, it's mainly like Windows 10 and PCSX2 recognized it as Windows 10 in the log but that's all.
Maybe you should just change in Windows Parameters the Power Mode to Performance, it might be the change you didn't thought about.
(05-22-2022, 06:44 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 11 is essentially just a GUI update to Windows 10.  The primary reason they gave it a new version number is because of the new TPM requirements.  I would suggest that he make sure all the drivers are up to date.  Make sure PCSX2 is set to default settings and see if that helps.  Disable any cheats or speedhacks.  If that seems to help, then he can enable other settings to see what could be slowing things down.  If that doesn't work, then, as jesalvein would say, please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurrs

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I didn't get any notifications that someone responded. He doesn't use any kind of hacks/cheats whatosever, he plays strictly vanilla emulation. I had him uninstall and reinstall the emulator itself, and that didn't fix the issue. I also had him update drivers but that didn't fix the issue either. How do I get that emulog.txt file you mentioned, because the slow down occurs as soon as the Playstation 2 screen with the "WOOO" noise disappears and the actual game loads up.

EDIT: You can ignore me. He was running his laptop in silent mode and not performance mode so the cpu legit couldn't handle the load. I feel so stupid but I'm just glad I got it taken care of. Thanks for all your suggestions, I greatly appreciate the help!!
(05-22-2022, 12:16 PM)GreenYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]I have Windows 11 and no problem for me when I played with it, it's mainly like Windows 10 and PCSX2 recognized it as Windows 10 in the log but that's all.
Maybe you should just change in Windows Parameters the Power Mode to Performance, it might be the change you didn't thought about.

You were right. This was the fix, you sir are a GOD SEND. Thank you so much.