..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Seperate memory card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know how to set seperate memory card for every game so that it can switch automatically between games  (latest 1.7 devs build pcsx2)
you can't
apart from using memcard folder feature (unavailable in qt builds for now)
Is folder memcard feature safe?
I have heard that it has low compatibility with games
The folder memcard feature is available on latest qt build
safe ? as long as your hdd works, yes it is
So actually i found a way to assing seperate memory card for ever game since the latest ver. of pcsx2 supports per game settings so it stores these .ini files in gamesettings folder
So say if i have to set a memcard for silent hills origins

(1)create a game config for the game by right clicking on the game and selecting properties then change any value say the resolution the click ok(this will create a ini file for the game in the gamesettings folder)

(2)then go to the gamesettings folder(located inside pcsx2 folder)and open the ini file using notepad

(3)delete any prewritten value if you do not want to keep it

(4)then paste these values in the .ini file(remember ini files are named according to the games code so if you have multiple .ini first see the code for the game from the pcsx2 dashboard then edit that file)
[MemoryCards]
Slot1_Enable = true
Slot1_Filename = Mcd001.ps2
Slot2_Enable = true
Slot2_Filename = Mcd002.ps2

(5)then rename Mcd001.ps2 to your desided memorycard name say silenthillsorigins.ps2(first create your desired memory card in settings)

(6)the end code will look like this-

[MemoryCards]
Slot1_Enable = true
Slot1_Filename = silenthillsorigins.ps2
Slot2_Enable = true
Slot2_Filename = Mcd002.ps2

(7)same way you can also change the second memcard also
Hey, that's a neat little trick!

BTW, if you're using and older build without per game settings(for compatibly with certain games or plugins), memory cards per game is very simple to do with the spectabis launcher. Just launch the game through spectabis, then 'insert' the card you want to use for that game and that's it.