..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: save files gone after blue screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
after getting a blue screen when I was playing digital devil saga I opened up the emulator again and it reset all the settings except for my controls and plugin settings. I booted up the game and save files and save states weren't working. My save state and my backup of it was corrupted, and I couldn't find my saves in any of my mem cards. When I try to load the corrupt save state console reads "[wx] invalid zip file Savestate is corrupt or incomplete" and "(pxActionEvent) Savestate file does not contain 'PCSX2 Savestate Version.id'(VM_UnzipFromDisk)." My save states are pretty much a lost cause but I'm more confused where did my saves go? How do I get them back?
can you boot to bios and open your memcards ?
(06-16-2022, 11:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]can you boot to bios and open your memcards ?

Yeah I booted to the bios and individually checked all my mem cards but the saves were never on any of them.
you mean they're empty ? or save files are there and corrupted ?
(06-16-2022, 11:38 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you mean they're empty ? or save files are there and corrupted
they save files are empty, not corrupted

(06-17-2022, 03:44 AM)awildnicc Wrote: [ -> ]they save files are empty, not corrupted
I should also mention that my emulator is in an older version in 1.4.0
That version is no longer supported. You're gonna need to update to the latest version
(06-17-2022, 03:53 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]That version is no longer supported.  You're gonna need to update to the latest version

alright I did update it but my save files are still nowhere to be found unfortunately
I recently found my save files for other games in a mem card however my save files for dds 2 are completely gone still
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(06-17-2022, 07:40 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
the emulog was created much later than when the problem occurred but just incase it helps i'll drop it here
[attachment=75585]
Pages: 1 2