..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 suddenly so slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I decided to install PCSX2 1.6.0 to play Jak II Renegade on my new laptop device. I used the default settings for emulation and video, and the game ran so smoothly (60 FPS). Yesterday I tried to play it again with the same settings (I didn't change anything), but the game was so slow for no reason. I tried to change settings, but the result is the same. I also reinstalled PCSX2 but nothing changed. I looked for a solution over Internet but I didn't find nothing so I don't know what to do. 

My device is a Asus VivoBook S15 with these specifications:

11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz  2.80 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics

I don't think it is a hardware problem because initially the emulator worked very well. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
Some parts may be more demanding than others.
That said, Make sure you set your windows powerplan to performance mode,and don't run on batteries
(06-27-2022, 09:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Some parts may be more demanding than others.
That said, Make sure you set your windows powerplan to performance mode,and don't run on batteries

There isn't an entry for Perfomance mode in the power plan setting (I have Windows 11). I can only choose between Asus Recommended mode (Actually selected) and Balanced mode.
Create one, then
(06-27-2022, 09:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Create one, then

I done this but nothing changed. I reinstalled Windows 11 and now it works again. I checked the power plan setting again and Asus Recommended mode is selected. Is it possible that an update for graphic card was responsible?
Yeah it's possible. Windows probably updated something in the background without telling you (classic Microsh*t) and it broke something that wound up ruining your performance. Sometimes Windows will download and install the wrong VGA drivers (very common phenomenon) and that could've been what caused your performance to fall off a cliff.
(06-27-2022, 11:38 PM)NarooN Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it's possible. Windows probably updated something in the background without telling you (classic Microsh*t) and it broke something that wound up ruining your performance. Sometimes Windows will download and install the wrong VGA drivers (very common phenomenon) and that could've been what caused your performance to fall off a cliff.

I see. Anyway, again, thanks for your help!   Smile