..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Sly 2: Band of Thieves Slowdown issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a specific issue with Sly 2 atm.  The game slows down during certain segments of gameplay and during cutscenes.  The two fixes I've found for this are setting VU clamping mode to extra and reducing resolution to 720p.  problem is, setting clamping mode to extra breaks shadows, and 720p is, well, 720p.  Lowering Cycle Skip had no effect.  The issue gets worse on higher resolutions, but I've seen people run the game fine at 1080p with the 1.4 build at 1080p, so I'm not inclined to believe it's an issue with the strength of my hardware.  Here's the video for reference (delete space between y and o, it won't let me post links).: 

https://www.y outube.com/watch?v=iEu3Ot2lzRI

GPU - GTX 2060
CPU- Ryzen 5 3600X
Using almost entirely default settings (anisotropic filtering at 16x) with the latest 1.7 QT dev build

If anyone knows of a fix for this that doesn't involve lowering the resolution below 1080p or breaking game shadows, please let me know.  Thanks!
It's because 1.4 had crc hacks enabled which skipped a lot of effects. Right now it is emulated correctly, and the game is heavy on the gpu.
(06-30-2022, 05:48 AM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]It's because 1.4 had crc hacks enabled which skipped a lot of effects. Right now it is emulated correctly, and the game is heavy on the gpu.

Oh damn, that makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for the insight.  Any way to enable those settings in the current build?  Changing the CRC hack level doesn't seem to do anything.
as dev goes along, hacks are removed. so i guess your best bet it to use 1.4 if you don't care about accuracy