..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dance pad not fully mapping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to map all the buttons of my dance but only a few buttons are detected. Enjoyable/Enjoy2 detects all of them but I'm facing bugs with it. Play! detects all of the buttons but the audio is looping so I would like to be able to use PCSX2 and map all my buttons directly through the controller menu, instead of going through Enjoyable/Enjoy2. I've tried a lot of different PCSX2 versions but they all have that same issue, unfortunately. Any idea?
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
Do you know if your dance pad appears as a controller or keyboard to the computer?

If it appears as a controller, you may need to use a Qt build to map the buttons, as wx builds don't support button remapping and dance pads may have some weird button mappings.
(08-13-2022, 09:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Sure! Here it is:

Code:
Loading language translation databases for 'English (Canada)' [en_CA]
pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.
PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.2987 Compiled on Jun 21 2022
Savestate version: 0x9a2c0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Darwin 20.6.0 x86_64
Physical RAM    =  16384 MB
CPU name        =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4870HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Vendor/Model    =  GenuineIntel (stepping 01)
CPU speed        =  2.494 ghz (1 logical thread)
x86PType        =  Standard OEM
x86Flags        =  bfebfbff 7ffafbff
x86EFlags        =  2c100800

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 AVX AVX2 FMA

Loading language translation databases for 'English (Canada)' [en_CA]
pcsx2_Main not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
pcsx2_Iconized not found -- translation dictionary may be incomplete.
SetLanguage: Requested translation is not implemented yet.
Installing POSIX SIGSEGV handler...
Reserving memory for recompilers...
(08-14-2022, 08:04 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if your dance pad appears as a controller or keyboard to the computer?

If it appears as a controller, you may need to use a Qt build to map the buttons, as wx builds don't support button remapping and dance pads may have some weird button mappings.

How can I check if it appears as a controller or a keyboard? Smile
(08-15-2022, 02:17 AM)meshmeshumeshu Wrote: [ -> ]How can I check if it appears as a controller or a keyboard? Smile

Try heading to a gamepad testing website and see if anything shows up
Try pressing buttons on it with your cursor in a text document to see if it types anything
(08-17-2022, 11:26 PM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: [ -> ]Try heading to a gamepad testing website and see if anything shows up
Try pressing buttons on it with your cursor in a text document to see if it types anything

Ok that was very interesting actually. It seems like Gamepad Tester doesn't detect O and X on my gamepad, which are the exact ones PCSX2 isn't detecting. What is very strange though is: Enjoyable detects these keys, and that's how I've been able to use the dance pad.
(08-17-2022, 11:31 PM)meshmeshumeshu Wrote: [ -> ]Ok that was very interesting actually. It seems like Gamepad Tester doesn't detect O and X on my gamepad, which are the exact ones PCSX2 isn't detecting. What is very strange though is: Enjoyable detects these keys, and that's how I've been able to use the dance pad.

Try a Qt build and see if it works better
(08-20-2022, 07:07 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: [ -> ]Try a Qt build and see if it works better

That's the version I was using actually, I just checked. I also just tried the wxWidgets build.
FIXED: I ended up using USB Overdrive to mapped all the keys and it worked.