..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low EE & GS | High FPS | Slowed Gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! So I've got a problem i haven't seen anyone mention. I googled, checked forums, and came up with nothing.

I'm trying to replay a childhood favorite of mine, Harvest Moon. When I boot up the game, navigating the menus is flawless. Out of the menus and into the world where I can walk around and do things is when things start slowing down. In some areas, like inside buildings, the game runs fine. but when I'm outside walking around the village, the game slows down. In some places, the game slows more than in other areas. The point where things slow the most, the framerate is still at 59 or 60. EE reads 40%, GS reads 12%, and VU reads around 25%.

I have messed around with settings for hours and I can't figure this out at all. Right now, i have settings set to be what i believe to be the best.
Emulation Settings: Preset 3 - Balanced
Audio Plug-In: 1 Linear (okay/simple sound)
Video Plug-In: Direct3d 11 (Software), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU, Automatic interlacing, Bilinear (PS2) texture filtering

Now I don't know if this is something with the game itself or if there's something I can do to fix this.
Any insight would be appreciated.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

10th Generation Intel® Core( TM) i7-10870H (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.0GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
Installed RAM: 32.0 GB

GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6
give latest dev build a try
(08-21-2022, 10:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]give latest dev build a try

I assumed you meant the LATEST latest. I was using the latest stable version 1.6.0, but I went back and saw some nightly releases, which I guess is them constantly updating the emulator. I got the latest one of those (v1.7.3229) and gave it a try. Nothing changed, although I saw that when playing it windowed, it shows a Video FPS and a Game FPS. Video FPS stayed at a constant 60. I walked outside of buildings and the game still slowed down, but I noticed that when it does, the Game FPS drops from 30 to 20. So turns out it IS an FPS drop.

But yeah. The lastest build doesn't seem to resolve this issue.
some games actually have an "adaptive framerate".
don't you get the same drops on real PS2 console ?

I suggest you give a try since what you described looks like it