..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Getting slower framerates than expected on God of War 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using the latest stable release. Those are my specs:

-Intel Core i3-10100 
-Integrated graphics card (Intel UHD 630, I believe)
-8GB RAM

Playing at 1x internal resolution. Open GL (Hardware) gets about 40-50% speeds on the title screen alone, so I didn't bother going any further. Direct3D (Hardware) gets basically the same results. Switching to Software, I get better results, but still not what I expected (80-90% for the title screen, 50% in-game).

Does it have to do with the GPU? I seriously doubt this CPU is the issue. I know someone who plays this game on his phone with no apparent issues, and disabling the frame limiter even lets him get 200FPS (temporarily, of course, because of the overheating).
vulkan renderer may be a good alternative
I don't see that option. Assume that it's an addition from the dev builds?
Ah sorry. Yes, it's from Dev build.
... And FYI, there is no pcsx2 for phone
That fixed it. Thanks a lot.
Yeah, should've clarified. He was using AetherSX2.

For future reference, though, is it okay if I get ONLY a dedicated graphics card, and leave the CPU as is? If so, which one do you recommend? I don't mind playing at the default resolution. Needs to be something cheap that's obviously better than what I have, but enough to run most PS2 titles.
A 1050 ti should do it
Does it need to be the 'ti' version? Also, is the GTX 1650 better or worse (than the ti version)? I recall seeing the later being sold for roughly the same price as the GTX 1050.
go for the 1650. it'll be okay too
Alright. Thanks for the responses.