..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [BUG Report] 1.7 Qt version crashs when PS2 joystick to USB connector connected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The PS2 Joystick to USB connector works well on 1.7 WxWidgets  and 1.6 version.
The crash only happens  on Qt Version, both AVX2 and SSE4 branch.
Program crashs and quits automaticly, no matter run program first then plug connector or plug connector then run program.
 .dmp and .txt are generated after crash , I've submit them on attachment.

Hope the Qt Version do better and better, it's easy to set and interface-friendly.

[attachment=76063]
It seems this was the same problem that affects Dolphin a few years back (was "fixed" by using a workaround) and DuckStation as well. Basically, the driver for these adapters is pretty outdated (Hasn't been updated since WinXP days though there are drivers which was "up-to-date" but it was from 2012) and even during the XP days the drivers are known to be problematic. There are multiple drivers for this adapter, each with it's own problems ranging from crashes during emulator startups to the ones that crashes as soon as the controller vibrates during your gaming session. Unfortunately, there's no "perfect way" to get around it. Either use another adapter (like the Mayflash one) or use the generic USB driver but no vibration.

EDIT: I just found out that some Mayflash adapters might be using the same drivers so use the generic driver and forget about the vibration. Or use DS3/DS4 or Xbox 360 controllers if you really wanted it. And according to this closed issue on github, they won't fix this since it was the drivers problem, not the emulator.
(10-05-2022, 09:53 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: [ -> ]It seems this was the same problem that affects Dolphin a few years back (was "fixed" by using a workaround) and DuckStation as well. Basically, the driver for these adapters is pretty outdated (Hasn't been updated since WinXP days though there are drivers which was "up-to-date" but it was from 2012) and even during the XP days the drivers are known to be problematic. There are multiple drivers for this adapter, each with it's own problems ranging from crashes during emulator startups to the ones that crashes as soon as the controller vibrates during your gaming session. Unfortunately, there's no "perfect way" to get around it. Either use another adapter (like the Mayflash one) or use the generic USB driver but no vibration.

EDIT: I just found out that some Mayflash adapters might be using the same drivers so use the generic driver and forget about the vibration. Or use DS3/DS4 or Xbox 360 controllers if you really wanted it. And according to this closed issue on github, they won't fix this since it was the drivers problem, not the emulator.

Thanks for the replay, I delete the driver then it works.