..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Last Release compatible with windows 7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(10-10-2022, 09:37 PM)webguy7 Wrote: [ -> ]So, my questions are: What is the last release of PCSX2 that worked with Win7? 

v1.7..0-dev-1300 is the last version that runs. Every version after that includes an extra avx2.exe and will not run.
(02-17-2023, 04:29 AM)DL-ETC Wrote: [ -> ]v1.7..0-dev-1300 is the last version that runs. Every version after that includes an extra avx2.exe and will not run.

i am using v1.7.0-3850, all versions beyond fail for a missing component available only on Win10+
The posts made me laugh a lot.
People talk about spyware saying windows 7 has it yet it has been proven that using certain solutions and default setttings you can block anything.
for example
>windows 7 custom firewall blocks one attempt of invasion each day (not compromised)
>windows 10 custom firewall blocks 1200 invasion attempts each day (and gets compromised)
>windows 11 custom firewalll block 3400 invasion attempts each day (and gets compromised)
so as you see the claim of spyware on old windows is laughable and pathetic,since those are more secure then modern windows and the spyware,virus and worms they have included.
Also windows 10 isn't the best for gaming since the performance drop is brutal specially on emulation,so anyone advicing using windows 10/11 for emulation is trolling (taking into account windows 10 and 11 deletes ISO of ps2 games even if you made them yourself)
For example for people having problems using this on windows 7 you can use wine for windows,it transform directX calls to vulkan or opengl so not bad at all.
Also i don't understand the rule of no piracy?,why that rule exist NOW,when most ps2 games are abandonware at this point,and lot of them reached public domain in lot of countries so why is such a rule still in place.
(08-25-2023, 08:01 PM)sekai01 Wrote: [ -> ]The posts made me laugh a lot.
People talk about spyware saying windows 7 has it yet it has been proven that using certain solutions and default setttings you can block anything.
for example
>windows 7 custom firewall blocks one attempt of invasion each day (not compromised)
>windows 10 custom firewall blocks 1200 invasion attempts each day (and gets compromised)
>windows 11 custom firewalll block 3400 invasion attempts each day (and gets compromised)
so as you see the claim of spyware on old windows is laughable and pathetic,since those are more secure then modern windows and the spyware,virus and worms they have included.
Also windows 10 isn't the best for gaming since the performance drop is brutal specially on emulation,so anyone advicing using windows 10/11 for emulation is trolling (taking into account windows 10 and 11 deletes ISO of ps2 games even if you made them yourself)
For example for people having problems using this on windows 7 you can use wine for windows,it transform directX calls to vulkan or opengl so not bad at all.
Also i don't understand the rule of no piracy?,why that rule exist NOW,when most ps2 games are abandonware at this point,and lot of them reached public domain in lot of countries so why is such a rule still in place.

***** goes to off-topic subforum.
thanks
Pages: 1 2