..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: how to play ntsc file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i play ntsc file in my ps2 emulator
i know how to play isos but is there a difference in playing a ntsc file
errr ntsc is a video mode not a filetype
NTSC isn't a file type, it's a region abbreviation. NTSC covers (IIRC) the USA and Japan, PAL is everything else.

Not sure what's convinced you it's an NTSC file, maybe you ripped it wrong. A tool such as ImgBurn is a free and very easy way to make sure it's done correctly Laugh
Canada is NTSC too Tongue2

But no, PCSX2 isn't region locked. So if you're in the UK area and want to play, say a Japanese only game, you can.

As long as you ripped the PAL or NTSC correctly, it should work fine in PCSX2 if it's playable. I prefer DVD Decrypter myself.
I'm just wondering, does the BIOS matter for which region game you try to play? Or is the region code only apply to the power voltage in each country, or monitor...refresh rate or whatever?
no, the BIOS you have doesn't matter, it'll still work with any game Smile, but i have seen posts of games that only work with a specific bios Mellow (but that doesn't mean to go download that bios for that game, since it's illegal Smile)
(05-13-2009, 10:07 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]no, the BIOS you have doesn't matter, it'll still work with any game Smile, but i have seen posts of games that only work with a specific bios Mellow (but that doesn't mean to go download that bios for that game, since it's illegal Smile)

I've seen those posts, but no corroboration. If it's a major issue it should be more common, incorrect BIOS dump is more likely. It always seems to be isolated and non-reproducible, and I don't recall ever seeing it come from someone who's been on the forums for a while.

I believe one (or more) of the developers stated it didn't matter which BIOS you had, as long as it wasn't dumped from the original PS2 with original firmware and using really old dump tools. Something about missing something or other in the original firmware that was added later on.