..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tekken 5...Used to look super CRISP... now blurry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been updating to the newest dev builds, and I noticed that Tekken 5 now looks quite blurry, where it used to be very sharp and nice looking. I have tried to change a bunch of settings to no avail. Any information appreciated, as well as any explanation as to why this has been changed in the updates as default. Thank you.

*EDIT and SOLUTION!* - I cannot believe this.......... But I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

After much searching, I failed to find a solution to why my tekken games 4 and 5 were looking blurry after an update...Patches, fixes, options, etc...

Then i stumbled into the actual game's display options menu just poking around...and there it was. The option to turn on progressive scan. I tapped it on and wouldn't you know it, everything was 100% crystal clear and beautiful looking once again. Unreal that was the problem, as I thought the emulator patched interpolation on it's own but for some reason these tekken games needed you to set it in the options. In TEKKEN 4, it does not even say "progressive scan", it's labeled obscurely as "sharper" image or something like that and you have to turn that on to get crystal clear visuals.

Well that was my adventure in frustration with these TEKKEN games, but I really hope it helps others out if they had this same problem. Just happy to have it ironed out and running swimmingly now.

Anyway, cheers.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

as well as a screenshot of what you're talking about
I cannot believe this.......... But I FOUND THE PROBLEM! 

After much searching, I failed to find a solution to why my tekken games 4 and 5 were looking blurry after an update...Patches, fixes, options, etc...

Then i stumbled into the actual game's display options menu just poking around...and there it was. The option to turn on progressive scan. I tapped it on and wouldn't you know it, everything was 100% crystal clear and beautiful looking once again. Unreal that was the problem, as I thought the emulator patched interpolation on it's own but for some reason these tekken games needed you to set it in the options. In TEKKEN 4, it does not even say "progressive scan", it's labeled obscurely as "sharper" image or something like that and you have to turn that on to get crystal clear visuals. 

Well that was my adventure in frustration with these TEKKEN games, but I really hope it helps others out if they had this same problem. Just happy to have it ironed out and running swimmingly now. 

Anyway, cheers.