..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Front Mission 5, almost working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm running the lastest GSDX 10 drivers, and the game is almost runnning flawlessly (Speed wise). The only problems are some ruddy, random pixlation that appears all over the screen. It's annoying but it actually runs. Anyway, it is an improvement from the way it was running in previous builds.

If you switch to software mode it goes away, (it may just be an ATI problem.) Of course, the fps drop too low to be feasible (But not unplayable) in SW mode. When in game, if you open the "Command Menu (Circle button)" all the random pixlation just disapears. After you issue the command, it comes back. Anyone with a diffrent card from mine able to play with no weirdness? If so, what card do you have? If your running a HD4800 series card, and you can play, which drivers are you running? I just updated to the latest (2009.0317).

Core 2 quad q9550
4gigs ram
Vista
ATI HD4870
PCSX2 1059 (Beta)
GSDX 1171

BTW if you didn't know the translation project is almost complete... - http://www.frontmission.info/
Sorry if i up an old thread like this. But im really goin nuts on this. I want to play this game so bad. Have anyone found a way to fix the bug?
I'm using PCSX2 beta with latest plugins and Front Mission 5 works like a charm. There are few graphical glitches sometimes but nothing major. Most of the time all the cutscenes and gameplay looks good and smooth.

I'm using Direct3D9 (Hardware) renderer instead of Direct3D10, it seems to cause less glitches.
Still nothing...
I should have all updated, and a very good machine (XII runs fullspeed and flawless). can you list which plugins and option are you using? Thank you
I'd like to know what is your problem exactly. You mean the random pixelation in the map screen? Does it occur in every mission for you? Certain mission seem to have pixelation that I cannot fix but as far as I can remember, most missions run and look flawless. How far are you into the game?

Here's an example of a glitch free mission:
[Image: pcsx2-beta-13292009-07-0423-13-44-8.jpg]
I have the classic pixxellation/garbage problem (always). The intro movies are pixxellated too. Game speed is perfect.

My machine:

e8400 @4200
260GTX
4gb
on vista 64

As i said i can run XII flawlessy

those screens are taken from another thread. This user has the exact same problem

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14126]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14126]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14128]
did you activate custom 3d settings in your graphics card control panel for anti aliasing or anisotropic filtering? if yes, try setting it all to the default values (for ati check "use application setting" for both)
ok is almost sure that the problem is on the approach to the video driver hardware becosue in dx9 software render there are no glitch.

Could some one with a glitch free post his configuration ?
there is a strange trasparent xor layer on the main menu on the configuration with the glitch, on that layer you can see the shape of some thing on the background, it is most evident during the camera pan

[Image: xoozfc.jpg]

[Image: 2s8pfnl.jpg]
(07-06-2009, 10:29 AM)fxtech Wrote: [ -> ]there is a strange trasparent xor layer on the main menu on the configuration with the glitch, on that layer you can see the shape of some thing on the background, it is most evident during the camera pan

I have this problem too and was wondering if you found any resolution (hi, I'm new)

Win 7 (x64) RC1
AMD Phenom x3 720 @ 3.2gHz
ATI HD4890
4gb

I'm using the latest PCSX2 beta with GSdx and no speedhacks (though I played around with them and nothing helped)
Pages: 1 2 3