..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Please don't get rid of frame skipping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All my computers are low-end, and I noticed that the nightly builds of PCSX2 got rid of frame skipping. I NEED that feature, otherwise I won't be able to run games like Tekken and SoulCalibur on my computers anymore because, without frame skipping, they're too slow to even bother with. Why are you even considering axing it in the first place when it's so beneficial?
(12-18-2022, 02:49 PM)RexFesto696 Wrote: [ -> ]All my computers are low-end, and I noticed that the nightly builds of PCSX2 got rid of frame skipping. I NEED that feature, otherwise I won't be able to run games like Tekken and SoulCalibur on my computers anymore because, without frame skipping, they're too slow to even bother with. Why are you even considering axing it in the first place when it's so beneficial?

just keep using old builds.
(12-18-2022, 03:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]just keep using old builds.

That didn't answer my question. Why are you getting rid of it? It's too valuable for someone like me to not be able to use in the future.
(12-22-2022, 07:03 PM)RexFesto696 Wrote: [ -> ]That didn't answer my question. Why are you getting rid of it? It's too valuable for someone like me to not be able to use in the future.

it tends to bring many problems since it ruins synchro between threads.
Pcsx2's aim has always been accuracy. Skipdraw breaks accuracy
(12-22-2022, 07:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]it tends to bring many problems since it ruins synchro between threads.
Pcsx2's aim has always been accuracy. Skipdraw breaks accuracy

He's right, it's better to use older builds of the emulator, as this leads to performance degradation in games.