..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cutscenes not working on latest 1.7.4207
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people,

I am currently playing the Video game “crouching tiger hidden dragon” on the latest nightly version 1.7.4207, and I can't get the cutscenes working at all.

I tried all the Renderers from Directx11 to Vulcan and some People suggested pressing f9 and switching to software renderer, but that didn't fix it for me.

On the latest stable version 1.6.0 I can play the game and the cutscenes work properly, but the performance is way worse than on the latest version. 

Maybe somebody can help me and try to get the cutscene working on the latest version. 

Thanks alot 

Biggrin

"Update to 1.7.4209" same problem

"Update to 1.7.4212" with Khi his Solutions "FIXED"
Have you tried the game fix „Use Software Renderer For FMVs” instead of pressing F9 manually? You can activate the game fixes in the newest PCSX2 versions in the emulator with „Tools” -> „Show Advanced Settings” and then you see in the per-game settings the „Game Fix” tab with this hack. Are the cutscenes FMVs at all and how exactly does this cutscene issue look like? I unfortunately do not have this game, but maybe general information already helps. Smile
(03-11-2023, 09:02 PM)Khi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the game fix „Use Software Renderer For FMVs” instead of pressing F9 manually? You can activate the game fixes in the newest PCSX2 versions in the emulator with „Tools” -> „Show Advanced Settings” and then you see in the per-game settings the „Game Fix” tab with this hack. Are the cutscenes FMVs at all and how exactly does this cutscene issue look like? I unfortunately do not have this game, but maybe general information already helps. Smile

Thats exactly the setting I am looking for, I already got the Show advanced settings enabled but I cant find the per game settings tab I must be blind. Do you mind sending me a screenshot if you have the time? Thank you so far.

The cutscene is not showing at all only playing the audio
Of course i can. It is actually quite simple. You just need to right-click on your game and the rest will be self-explanatory. In the attachment you can see the example. But if this hack does not help, you need to describe your issue in detail - preferably also with pictures. Smile
(03-11-2023, 11:35 PM)Khi Wrote: [ -> ]Of course i can. It is actually quite simple. You just need to right-click on your game and the rest will be self-explanatory. In the attachment you can see the example. But if this hack does not help, you need to describe your issue in detail - preferably also with pictures. Smile

Thank you, I found it now. Weirdly, it didn't work, I was pretty sure that it would fix it. So if you start the Game there should be scenes of the original Movie from the Video game playing, you can check it out on this Video if you would like youtube.com/watch?v=JFgGHEtyzz4. But I just get a black screen with only the audio. I am running the USA Version of the Game with the Bios scph39001, although I am using that same Bios for the current Stable Version which is working, so I am not sure that the bios is the Problem. Thank you so far for the help!
(03-11-2023, 11:35 PM)Khi Wrote: [ -> ]Of course i can. It is actually quite simple. You just need to right-click on your game and the rest will be self-explanatory. In the attachment you can see the example. But if this hack does not help, you need to describe your issue in detail - preferably also with pictures. Smile

Just saw on your  screenshot that there is already a newer version so I updated. Everything is working now like it should thank you!