..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Some Questions about PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) Is it worth it to apply 60fps patches to 30fps games ? will there be a significant and noticeable difference in gameplay ?  do you recommend applying the 60fps patches ? I am asking because I figured Some of the patches cause some glitches in some games...Should I just play the games at 30fps (I feel better that way?) ? 

2) How to get rid of jagged edges in games ? Does increasing the internal resolution help ? any other options for this ?

3) Non-native internal resolutions may cause minor graphical issues in some games. Does it matter which internal resolution I choose ? Do 3x and 4x give me the same issues ? 

4) Is it possible to speed up boot times ? if so, How ?
1) Most of the time yes, though the choice is a personal preference the gameplay (not cutscenes) should look smoother. It can cause graphical errors or weird behaviour as not every game is 60Ghz-compatible.

2) Adjust graphics settings around rendering and (post)processing. Too long to write up. Different games may require different settings. Plenty of guides online.

3) IIRC... It's trade off between CPU and GPU. Basically 'render small on cpu then stretch AND smooth with gpu' vs 'render big on cpu then do little on gpu'. In more practical terms... Personally, it's been set to 4x for last 5 years now. I don't really see much difference when going higher. I don't see much graphical difference when i adjust it. Also see #2.

4) Are your boot times slow? There is fast boot option that skips BIOS screen. Also, only use SSD drives in your personal computer.
(03-24-2023, 08:02 PM)MrWizard Wrote: [ -> ]1) Most of the time yes, though the choice is a personal preference the gameplay (not cutscenes) should look smoother. It can cause graphical errors or weird behaviour as not every game is 60Ghz-compatible.

I prefer compatibility to using cheats that may or may not cause glitches...30fps PS2 games on a PS2 console also run at 30fps...and lots of people are ok with that...

I have two Desktop PCs:

(1) i7-7700K OC + GTX 1080 + 32GB RAM + SATA SSD + 1080p Monitor.
(2) i5-6600K OC + GTX 1070 + 16GB RAM + NVMe SSD + 1440P Monitor.

What internal resolution should I choose for each ?

(03-24-2023, 08:02 PM)MrWizard Wrote: [ -> ]4) Are your boot times slow? There is fast boot option that skips BIOS screen. Also, only use SSD drives in your personal computer.

I have the fast boot checked. They are not slow, but I wish the boot times were faster. My ISOs are on a Corsair Force LE 240GB SATA SSD.
(03-25-2023, 12:51 AM)LegionOfHell Wrote: [ -> ]What internal resolution should I choose for each ?
depends on the game. but x3 native should be fine for most

Quote:I have the fast boot checked. They are not slow, but I wish the boot times were faster. My ISOs are on a Corsair Force LE 240GB SATA SSD.
press tab