..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Increase / Decrease Target Speed not working in latest nightly builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all the pcsx2 great community!
As the title says, I have problems with the long present feature of increasing or decreasing emulation (target) speed. 
In the latest nightly builds (I don't know in which exact build the problem started), these features simply don't work anymore, as they were in 1.6 or earlier 1.7
Anyone with the same problem?
I use this feature quite often and I assigned them long time ago to hotkeys (numpad plus / numpad minus). They are very useful because you can "adjust" the speed without "messing" with the Turbo/Slow motion. With that feature you can increase / decrease the speed 10% by 10%, at each pressing of the hotkey.
I used it for example to speed up by a little the long dialogs / fights in some RPGs, like when you use the 1.25 / 1.50 speed on YouTube. The Decrease target speed is useful instead in some platform games: often is enough to use 90% of speed to make difficult parkour / fights less frustrating...
Said all this and in what consist this functionality that maybe not all is aware of, I can now explain in detail the problem:

- when I press the Increase Target Speed hotkey, pcsx2 says that the speed is set to 110% (as you may expect) but the real emulation speed remain 100%. Moreover, if I press more times the hotkey, pcsx2 says always 110%, so it doesn't increase the (presumed) speed to 120%, 130%, and so on...

- when I press the Decrease Target Speed hotkey, pcsx2 says that the speed is set to 90% (as you may expect) but the real emulation speed remain 100%. Moreover, if I press more times the hotkey, pcsx2 says always 90%, so it doesn't decrease the (presumed) speed to 80%, 70%, and so on...

Finally, I noted that if I set the speed to 90% or 110% via Increase/Decrease hotkeys and I press the Turbo hotkey 2 times (activate/deactivate turbo), then the emulation speed is actually set to desired speed.
Thank you for your attention, and sorry if my english is not perfect...
Bye!
I've been able to confirm this. The faster/slower doesn't seem to work well. The emulator registers keys but doesn't seem to adjust. The OSD shows changes, but the actual emulation speed doesn't change in-game nor on the speed OSD.

Turbo/slow does seem to work fine though has some weird interactions with faster/slower as described above.
Somehow my install got corrupted or something after updating and the speedup stuff completely stopped working. I re-downloaded and extracted to a new location and the same version works fine, so no idea what went wrong on updating.