..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Vulkan always crash after graphic driver update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crash Report, Emulog, and screenshot attached

New laptop, everything ran perfectly at first, even after installing intel's drivers instead of the OEM HP one. But upon noticing perdormance issues on non-emulator games, I downloaded and installed HP's OEM graphic driver from their website. Now those non-emulator games runs well, but now PCSX2 keeps crashing if I set the renderer to Vulkan. Some games does run well in D3D12, but others need Vulkan to reach playable speed. Installing those Intel drivers does solve the issue, but then I'd have to cope with terrible performance everywhere else

There's this message in the upper left corner: "Host GPU device encountered an error and was recovered. This may have broken rendering."
There's also this message in an error window:
"Error
Assertion failed in function BeginPresentFrame
(D:\a\ pcsx2\ pcsx2\ pcsxZGS\Renclerers\Common\GSRenclerer.cpp:500):
Host GPU lost too many times, device is probably completely wedged.
Press Abort to exit, Retry to break to debugger, or Ignore to attempt to continue."

HP 14s dq5001tu
OS - Windows 11
CPU - Intel i5-1235U
GPU - Iris Xe
RAM - 8GB 

Things I've tried
1. Reverted emulation/graphics settings to default
2. Updated Graphics Card Drivers (Installing those Intel drivers does solve the issue, but then I'd have to cope with terrible performance everywhere else)
3. Clean installed Graphics card drivers
4. Checked for OS updates
5. Checked my other games to make sure it's not specific to AC-3 which was used in the example above.

Consistently PCSX2 just crashes the immediately for all my games.

Help pls Sad
get a GPU and you're good.
Intel's Integrated GPU vulkan drivers are mostly bad
(05-02-2023, 02:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]get a GPU and you're good.

well, it's a laptop so Sad

also, vulkan mode does run fine before I installed the Intel driver and reinstalled the OEM HP driver. wonder if I accidentally borked something doing that
probably...
most of intel Igpu users are stuck with D3D or opengl
(05-02-2023, 02:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]get a GPU and you're good.

I have the same problem with a 7900XTX and a 3950X.
How can I solve it ?

[Image: ac29dd8e58ac173578545c4c292ebae5.png]