..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report]Drakengard plays at 50% with hardware RX 6600 but 200% with software[USA]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Bug Report] Drakengard plays at 50% with hardware (AMD Radeon RX 6600) but 200% with software [USA]

#PCSX2 version: 1.6.0-20200506140834 (stable) and 1.7.4459 (nightly)
#Emulation options: Tested all Presets from 1 to 6
#Plugins Used in 1.6.0: GSdx 20200506140834 (MSVC 19.25 AVX2/AVX2) 1.2.0; Direct3D 11 (hardware and software), OpenGL (hardware and software)
#Plugins Used in 1.7.4459: I don't see the plugin name/version listed, but I tried rendering with: Vulkan, Direct3D 11, Direct3D 12, OpenGL, Software
#Description: I have a Radeon RX 6600 GPU. When I use any hardware renderer performance is poor, hovering around 50% speed. When I use the software renderer, the game stays at 100%, and turning off frame limiting plays the game around 200%. I've only tried Drakengard, so I don't know if the issue is specific to that game. If you would like me to test another game, please tell me which game to test. Thank you.
I discovered that as long as I'm moving my mouse (Razer Orochi v2, attached with the dongle, not bluetooth) with Hardware rendering enabled, pcsx2 runs at 100% speed. If I disable frame limiting and keep moving my mouse, pcsx2 caps at 100 frames per second. As soon as I stop moving my mouse, my frame rate drops back to around 30-45 fps.

If I unplug my mouse, the frame rate does not improve. My framerate only improves with the mouse attached and constantly moving. I do not have the Razer Synapse software installed.
As a workaround, I wrote an Autohotkey script to simulate non-stop mouse movement while I play pcsx2, and it's working. As long as the script is running I can use Hardware renderers and get 100% speed, with a 100 FPS cap when removing frame limiting. When I stop my script, my FPS drops again.

I have no idea what's causing the issue, but:
1. Both real and simulated mouse input alleviate the issue. (Still capped at 100 FPS when I'd expect 120 FPS, so something strange is still going on.)
2. I don't have the Razer Synapse software installed.
3. The problem happens even if I unplug my mouse.

Also, just for information, my mouse is running at 125Hz polling rate.
sounds like a problem with your setup then
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.