..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is it normal that PS2 games in PCSX2 look blurry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since last week, I've been messing around emulators like Dolphin, PPSSPP, Citra and now PCSX2. I had to stop using  PCSX2 after less than an hour because I've started to feel dizzy and eye strains because of the lack of smooth animation and blurry and dark display.

I have an original PS2 hooked on a 20" CRT via YPbPr and I've never noticed these sort of issues before. 

So is this normal?
(05-09-2023, 11:50 PM)the_importer Wrote: [ -> ]Since last week, I've been messing around emulators like Dolphin, PPSSPP, Citra and now PCSX2. I had to stop using  PCSX2 after less than an hour because I've started to feel dizzy and eye strains because of the lack of smooth animation and blurry and dark display.

I have an original PS2 hooked on a 20" CRT via YPbPr and I've never noticed these sort of issues before. 

So is this normal?

PS2 was designed with CRTs in mind. Have you tried changing some of the graphics settings? Also with 1.7 aka qt you can try texture packs.
(05-10-2023, 09:09 PM)Hunk_4TH Wrote: [ -> ]PS2 was designed with CRTs in mind. Have you tried changing some of the graphics settings? Also with 1.7 aka qt you can try texture packs.

Yeah, I played around with the settings, but it still looks like someone rubbed vaseline on my glasses.
PS2 games always were blurry, even on a game with low blurryness like Gran Turismo 3 it was visible on real hardware and CRT TVs, so no surprise.

On PCSX2 to solve this activate the no-interlacing patches, which are in the settings on the 1.7 latests (but need to be add if you use old (now) 1.6.0 stable. It's really night and day.
(05-09-2023, 11:50 PM)the_importer Wrote: [ -> ]Since last week, I've been messing around emulators like Dolphin, PPSSPP, Citra and now PCSX2. I had to stop using  PCSX2 after less than an hour because I've started to feel dizzy and eye strains because of the lack of smooth animation and blurry and dark display.

So is this normal?

Played PS2 titles with pcsx2 v1.7. It's nice and clear for me. You might want to give it a try.
You guys were right, 1.7 is much better and that "no-interlacing" makes a big difference. The games look more like emulated XBOX games now.

Cheers