..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Anyone experienced audio issues with PCSX2 emulator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have encountered this issue multiple times, and it seems to be related to PCSX2. Whenever I run the application, my audio eventually stops working. I lose all sound, even when using headphones connected to the audio jack. However, I still have audio when I connect my laptop to a monitor or TV via HDMI. The only solution I have found is to reinstall the audio drivers for my laptop from the manufacturer's website.

Have any of you faced a similar problem with PCSX2? Is there a method to avoid this issue in the future?
* Check your output device under audio settings in pcsx2.
* Go into Sound Settings, disable any output you don't usually use. For example: I use USB DAC, so I always disable hdmi and onboard audio in windows.
* Under sound settings (they are in control panel, and windows isn't great at showing you all the settings in the same menu)... also make sure your preferred output is set as default.

This mostly avoids weird shenanigans with applications switching to other sound devices vs your preferred one.
(05-17-2023, 06:15 AM)KunjogLinigharl Wrote: [ -> ]I have encountered this issue multiple times, and it seems to be related to PCSX2. Whenever I run the application, my audio eventually stops working. I lose all sound, even when using headphones connected to the audio jack. However, I still have audio when I connect my laptop to a monitor or TV via HDMI. The only solution I have found is to reinstall the audio drivers for my laptop from the manufacturer's website.

Have any of you faced a similar problem with PCSX2? Is there a method to avoid this issue in the future?

Are you using the crossplatform sound backend or xaudio? In the pcsx2 sound options?