..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Call of Duty - Finest Hour ; Slow Downs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently playing an ISO version of Call of Duty - Finest Hour on the PCSX2 Nightly v1.7.4517 and running into some erratic in-game slow-downs / drops in FPS, tends to happen when the game gets really busy on screen before going back to normal speed, but it can also happenly randomly and for extended periods of time.

Specs: 

CPU: 12th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-12600KF  3.70 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

16GB RAM

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Everything is default as far as I'm aware, but I did check the MTVU cheat, and changed some of the defaults to Direct3D 11, 3x Native(~1080p), and 16x Anisotropic Filtering.

Just curious if there is anything wrong with my CPU or settings, or perhaps the game just runs this way I see it tends to run at 50% speed on the wiki, which seems to be my issue.
try updating to nightly build
(05-17-2023, 11:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]try updating to nightly build

Apologies, I believe I am using the nightly build, as whenever I boot it up it says Nightly - v1.7.4517, unless I should re-install?
Ah, yes you are. Sorry.
Are you upscaling ? Tried native resolution ?
just FYI, this game runs at trash framerates on the console, the intro looks to be in the 20fps range.

Here's a recording I took direct from my PS2 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/6...-05-22.mp4 (It will probably try to download, it's only small)

That said, if your Video: is dropping then that's a configuration/system issue, but Game FPS is likely to drop.
(05-18-2023, 08:16 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, yes you are. Sorry.
Are you upscaling ? Tried native resolution ?

I'm not familiar with upscaling, so I don't think I've messed with that. I tried the native, 2x and 3x internal resolution and didn't see any change, but I'll go back and try again just incase.
(05-18-2023, 10:11 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]just FYI, this game runs at trash framerates on the console, the intro looks to be in the 20fps range.

Here's a recording I took direct from my PS2 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/6...-05-22.mp4 (It will probably try to download, it's only small)

That said, if your Video: is dropping then that's a configuration/system issue, but Game FPS is likely to drop.

I'll have to play it again on console to see since it's been awhile but I don't quite remember it playing like your character is walking through sludge, but it probably is a configuration/system issue.
We had somebody else come to us with slow sight aiming, and I think it was caused by messing with the EE cycle rate, I'm not sure, I couldn't reproduce it myself, on a default configuration it worked fine for me, identical to console.