..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ghost images when there's movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I'm new to PCSX2 and I don't know why I get ghost images when there's movement on GTA III (I hope it shows up well on the screenshot).

I've tested a lot of settings but I can't figure out where it's coming from.

I'm playing with an eGPU on a AMD Ryzen 7 4800U processor and the Nightly build 1.7.4541 on Windows 11.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance!
Do you get the same results with different renderers?

Settings -> Graphics -> Renderer

Direct3D 11
Direct3D 12
OpenGL
Vulkan
Software
(05-30-2023, 10:13 PM)ivan2smokeweed Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get the same results with different renderers?
Settings -> Graphics -> Renderer
Direct3D 11
Direct3D 12
OpenGL
Vulkan
Software

Unfortunately, I've tested them all and there's no difference.

I've also tried them with and without upscaling and that doesn't make any difference either.
GTA 3 had insane motion blur built in. Try pausing the game, going to Display and turning off Trails.
Pretty sure the game was meant to look that way.
Anyway, you can disable the trailing effect in the options menu.
Thanks for your answers. I don't remember the game being so "blurred".

I couldn't find the setting to deactivate the trail in the latest version. I assume it's Anti Blur that needs to be activated, right?
Sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge.
(05-31-2023, 02:48 AM)Arikern Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answers. I don't remember the game being so "blurred".

I couldn't find the setting to deactivate the trail in the latest version. I assume it's Anti Blur that needs to be activated, right?
Sorry in advance for my lack of knowledge.

Not in the emulator options. I meant game's option (Pause menu).
(05-31-2023, 05:33 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: [ -> ]Not in the emulator options. I meant game's option (Pause menu).

I understand, thank you very much! It does seem to have at least improved the situation.

Thank you for your help and patience.