..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problem using PCSX2 on windows 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The program does start on the add game directory page, but when I try to change any settings, it just closes with no messages or anything.
I do have the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of VC and the program is in a separate folder, I believe I have all the direct x runtimes as steam usually handles those when you install any games under them but to be sure I have ran the runtime installer from Microsoft leading to no change. I am running a Nvidia graphics driver which is allegedly the newest, so could be the problem but unsure. I don't know how to select my bios manually otherwise I would try booting it.
Make sure you've installed the redistributables linked here: https://pcsx2.net/docs/usage/setup/#required-software
(06-11-2023, 08:44 AM)Nostalgier Wrote: [ -> ]The program does start on the add game directory page, but when I try to change any settings, it just closes with no messages or anything.
I do have the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of VC and the program is in a separate folder, I believe I have all the direct x runtimes as steam usually handles those when you install any games under them but to be sure I have ran the runtime installer from Microsoft leading to no change. I am running a Nvidia graphics driver which is allegedly the newest, so could be the problem but unsure. I don't know how to select my bios manually otherwise I would try booting it.

if you have an iGPU, make sure its drivers are updated too
Yup got C++ redistributes, both x86 and x64 from 2008 to 2022, even tried following an old post saying to get 2013 x86 ones. And tried repairing the latest one(x64)(2015-2022).
How would I check my iGPU?
And could it be because it is QT, previous nightly builds were saying avx2 or the alternative.
what cpu do you have ?
AMD Ryzen 5 5500U. Has worked before ok on windows 10, did a clean install to W11. Made backups ofcourse of the main stuff, bios, saves etc
Oh you are good, makes sense in hindsight as the app is very cpu heavy. weird that the clean install was the factor but I am guessing Microsoft doesn't do a good job picking the driver automatically in this case.
Have you tried running PCSX2 in compatibility mode or as an administrator? Sometimes, those little tweaks can make all the difference. It's like finding the right cheat code to unlock a whole new level of functionality!
Selecting your BIOS manually can be a bit tricky if you're not familiar with the process. I remember spending hours tinkering with BIOS settings on my old rig, hoping to squeeze out every last drop of performance. Usually, you can access BIOS settings by pressing a specific key (like F2 or Del) during boot-up.
Pages: 1 2