..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Pop'n Music Popoller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, this is my first post here so if I get anything wrong I apologize in advance. 

I really enjoy playing Pop'n Music on my PS2 and I ended buying an arcade style controller made by DJ-DAO called the Popoller. I'm not allowed to link it, but it's DJ-DAO's website. I use PCSX2 on my Steam Deck and Windows PC and connect the controller through USB and it shows up as a gamepad. I've been having a really hard time getting the controller to work properly with the game. I can assign the correct buttons for gameplay, but then they won't work properly for navigating the menu.

I've been doing a lot of research and I think I know what's going. The Pop'n Music games recognize if you are using a Pop'n Music controller when the D-Pad left, down and right buttons are being held down. The Popoller controller has different controller modes that changes the button layout, but unfortunately none of the modes emulate holding down these D-Pad buttons.

I've tried to find a way in the Lilypad plugin to emulate these buttons being held down. I assigned those buttons to keyboard keys and tried to lock them in the plugin settings but it did not work. I might be wrong about what the lock option does. If I hold those keys down myself, it does work. Basically the closest I've been able to get to a solution, is assigning those 3 D-Pad buttons to the space bar and then just sticking a heavy object on my space bar lol. It's not ideal and it doesn't really work for the Steam Deck. 

I was really hoping someone here who knows PCSX2/Lilypad a lot better than I do, or someone who has figured out a way around this issue could help me find a solution or if you know of a plugin that could help, I would really appreciate it.
you won't find any plugin for steam deck.
Plugins are long gone
(06-28-2023, 06:31 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you won't find any plugin for steam deck.
Plugins are long gone
Okay, thank you for letting me know.