..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: What to do with PCSX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been searching for a solution to my issue, but it seems like I can't find one, so I'm reaching out for help here.

I'm currently attempting to incorporate PCSX2 functionality into my retroarch setup, but I've encountered a significant problem. Whenever I try to load content or a ROM using the PCSX2 core, my retroarch instance crashes abruptly without displaying any error messages. After conducting some research, it appears that this issue might be related to two potential factors: the requirement of BIOS files or the need for certain PCSX2 files.

I have correctly placed the necessary BIOS folders within my documents and have set the bios directory to the designated folder, so I don't believe that is the cause of the problem. Regarding the PCSX2 files, I have installed PCSX2 using the command "sudo apt install pcsx2," and it has been installed successfully. I can launch games directly from PCSX2, which leads me to suspect that the issue lies within the retroarch setup.

Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed from this point? I've come across mentions of system files being necessary, but I haven't been able to find information on where these files should be located.

Additionally, I'm experiencing another issue where importing content doesn't seem to load most of the games, except for two of them. If necessary, I can manually scan and add the games, but I thought it would be worth mentioning this problem as well.

Thank you for your assistance.
no idea. ask retroarch team for support instead. this is out of our scope