..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: MGS 3 - "Blurry" Outlines of Faces/ Characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.4871   Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence  SLUS-21359

The effect is neither visible in software mode nor in native resolution (or at least its way less noticeable).
The effect is also not there in the HD 360/PS3 Version, I´m pretty sure its also not there on original PS2 although its hard to tell.

Any recommendations?
Game looks pretty awesome nonetheless. Tried every fix from the Wiki but there still is this tiny one thing.

Look at the face or the torso of Ocelot (blonde dude) in the image below. The effect is best seen in the third picture.
(possible Spoiler Images for MGS 3)
could try play with skipdraw I remeber that use to fix issue like that in other games maybe Half-pixel Offset too.

but if it happen native rendering it probably there in original
(08-05-2023, 05:45 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]could try play with skipdraw I remeber that use to fix issue like that in other games maybe Half-pixel Offset  too.

but if it happen native rendering it probably there in original

Thank you for the answer. Yes I´ve been playing with the skipdraw but don´t exactly know how I can determine if it has sth to do with it or not.
Do i need to try every constellation from 0 0 to 999 999?

Hal Pixel offset is on aggressive - with it turned off completely its basically a complete blurry mess.

In native it´s not there so I guess there is hope.