..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cant open Game Properties in PCSX2 Pause Menu (Steam Deck)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have PCSX2 installed on my Steam Deck which I installed by downloading the AppImage directly from PCSX2's website.

When I am playing any game and bring up the emulators Pause Menu (not the actual games pause menu), I can't seem to be able to open the Game Properties menu.

I have the emulator to save game settings per game and I want to access the Game Properties menu to enable/disable cheats, which I have manually created in the new format with the option to toggle cheats on/off rather than the old method that enables ALL cheats by default when the game initially boots.

All the other options within the emulators Pause Menu works fine, but the only the Game Properties does nothing when I click/tap.

I have even tried to assign the Steam Deck controller so that the right track pad is the mouse and R4 is left mouse click and R5 is right mouse click.

It lights up as if I have clicked Game Properties, but it doesn't open.

I have just gone into Desk Top mode to install the current updates, so the emulator is up to date.

I can access Settings from the Pause Menu when playing a game, but this part of the Settings I do not need, as this section is for the overall emulators settings which applies to all games.

I need the Game Properties section that only applies to the game that I am currently playing, this section has its Cheats so I can enable/disable individual cheats while playing my game, its also the section to alter other settings such as graphical settings or that game.

So I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and/or knows how to fix this, so I can access Game Properties from the emulators Pause Menu while playing a game.

Thanks
I think I may have spotted the cause, well I don't know the cause but it seems to be something I notice every time I get this problem.

When the game has loaded up and when I open the emulators Pause Menu, on the bottom right side of the screen it normally displays the game name with its cover, region, crc.

But when I cant access the Pause Menu, it shows the information but has a blank disc icon rather than the game cover.

That is the only thing I have spotted and I don't know how to prevent it, Just makes it harder when creating pnach files and testing the converted codes are working, GTA VC seems to be a pain in the ass finding codes that actually work Sad