..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Auto zoom function in 1.7+?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! 

I've been testing the PCSX2 1.7 nightly build (QT?) yesterday for the first time and I'm missing the auto-zoom function. 

I like using it when I play with widescreen patches on, which is always by now. Because for FMVs I want to keep the original aspect ratio, so I have the FMV aspect ratio override turned to 4:3. But that typically means black bars left and right and for some games, like Xenosaga episode III, which adds black bars on top and bottom as well, that I have four black bars all around. For these games I liked setting zoom to auto in version 1.6. (via CTRL + *)

In 1.7, I've seen there is a crop function, which I assume is for that too, but there is no auto-setting. I don't want to adjust the cropping every time the game jumps between 4:3 and 16:9 back and forth. 

Is there still a way to do that?

Edit: I tested cropping. And that doesn't help. It doesn't crop the black bars, but only the rendered image, which I don't want to be cropped. Only the vertical zoom helps. But I don't see an option to set that on auto, either.