..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2, Steamdeck, & Cheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've had PCSX2 on my laptop for some time now, but since my computer is super slow & super laggy (I'm lucky if my PS2 games can get more than 20 - 30 FPS). I was super excited that emulation is heavily supported on the Steamdeck. I love how perfectly the games run on my Steamdeck.

As one who likes to use cheats to access areas of a game that aren't accessed through normal game play, I've gotten familiar with how to use the pnach files to create the cheats within Steamdeck. I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to disable individual cheats that produce an adverse effect on gameplay without going in & re-editing the pnach file?

2. Would it be possible for PCSX2 in the near future to create a trainer (that helps one search for cheats) & memory editor to delve further into my PS2 games?

I love finding oddball codes by experimenting with addresses & values. I've trudged through on my super slow PC & was able to find some cheats by using Cheat Engine.