..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: broken.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
pcsx2 failed to read shaders/vulkan/tfx.glsl had to reinstall, lost my save and now, my game is mostly blacked out.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(09-09-2023, 11:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

window can't find that.
Apparently you're not that comfortable with your way around Windows. Don't check "My Documents". Check your Documents folder. Ignore the My in front of it. If you don't find anything there, make sure to go to Tools and check Enable File logging within PCSX2. Then run the game again to create the log file.

If you still don't find anything there, then look in the folder where you extracted PCSX2 and look for the logs folder there. You might have it set to Portable
(09-10-2023, 01:29 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently you're not that comfortable with your way around Windows.  Don't check "My Documents".  Check your Documents folder.  Ignore the My in front of it.  If you don't find anything there, make sure to go to Tools and check Enable File logging within PCSX2.  Then run the game again to create the log file.

If you still don't find anything there, then look in the folder where you extracted PCSX2 and look for the logs folder there.  You might have it set to Portable

I've always used windows. this is what I have. I looked in the documents and can find nothing. I enabled file logging.
Are you running PCSX2 from the zip file? You need to extract it into it's own folder. And don't extract it into Program Files. Remember I told you to look in the folder where you EXTRACTED PCS2X. As a rule, you should not run an executable from within a zip file
(09-10-2023, 05:07 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running PCSX2 from the zip file?  You need to extract it into it's own folder.  And don't extract it into Program Files.  Remember I told you to look in the folder where you EXTRACTED PCS2X.  As a rule,  you should not run an executable from within a zip file

I extracted it to my desktop... now, I get this
And what did you do to get that error? You're not still trying to search for "My Documents" are you?
(09-10-2023, 05:38 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]And what did you do to get that error?  You're not still trying to search for "My Documents" are you?
no. this site is giving me problems. I took another snap... apparently, it didn't go though and neither did my edit!
You didn't extract ALL the files from the zip file. From your own previous pic, where you showed the contents of your zip file, that file is in there. You need to extract all the files from the zip file into it's own folder
Pages: 1 2