..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug report] The Hobbit 2003
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm new here. I've been playing The Hobbit videogame in the last few days and I've encountered a strange bug. Ropes, chains and the other things you can climb in the game appear to be misaglined, like, a lot. The more you are far away from them and the more they appear as such, and when you're close to them they appear almost at the right place but still slightly misaglined. Same thing happens with NPCs' and enemies' shadows and the glow effects of objects such locked chests and pickable items, like coins and scrolls. I've tried everything to fix this but to no avail. Strangely, after my first session with the game, the problem appeared to have been fixed without me doing anything. Now I am at the penultimate chapter. Two days ago, I've saved and quitted midway trought the level and when I've returned the bug has reappeared for apparently no reason and has affected even the textures of a water puzzle. I've tried everything, even restarting both the game and the emulator multiple times but nothing works. What should I do? Thank you in advance and sorry if my english is a little off, it is not my first language.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(09-27-2023, 06:05 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon Graphics
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
RAM: 16
Windows 11

PCSX2 Version 1.6.0, all default settings
I'm playing The Hobbit (2003) from ISO
I included screenshots of the GSdx settings
IMHO: There's no real point to try and troubleshoot graphical bugs in 1.6.

Update to 1.7 (latest dev) and use Automatic graphics renderer which will use Vulkan. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, and laptop is in performance mode (actually using the GPU).

*WARNING*: Updating from 1.6 to 1.7 will make your savestates not compatible. Make sure to save with in-game regular save method before updating.

Pro-tip. If you really-really-really like something in pcsx2 1.6 you could install 1.7 in a different folder, get through the buggy part, save, move your save games back to 1.6 and continue using 1.6.
(09-27-2023, 07:37 PM)MrWizard Wrote: [ -> ]IMHO: There's no real point to try and troubleshoot graphical bugs in 1.6.

Update to 1.7 (latest dev) and use Automatic graphics renderer which will use Vulkan. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, and laptop is in performance mode (actually using the GPU).

*WARNING*: Updating from 1.6 to 1.7 will make your savestates not compatible. Make sure to save with in-game regular save method before updating.

Pro-tip. If you really-really-really like something in pcsx2 1.6 you could install 1.7 in a different folder, get through the buggy part, save, move your save games back to 1.6 and continue using 1.6.

It's not like I really-really-really like 1.6, I simply forgot to update to 1.7 'cause i'm dumb lol. Anyway, thank you, I'll update pcsx2 and see how this goes.
(09-27-2023, 07:45 PM)JPz Wrote: [ -> ]It's not like I really-really-really like 1.6, I simply forgot to update to 1.7 'cause i'm dumb lol. Anyway, thank you, I'll update pcsx2 and see how this goes.

Good luck! The default settings should be fairly solid in 1.7.

Make sure to make a backup of 1.6 folder just in case and heed the warning about savestates.
(09-27-2023, 07:52 PM)MrWizard Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck! The default settings should be fairly solid in 1.7.

Make sure to make a backup of 1.6 folder just in case and heed the warning about savestates.

It works!! Thank you so much! Laugh