..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 FES Voice Volume Patch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Is there a patch that can be applied to Persona 3 FES to either increase the voice volume or lower the music volume?  Or both? 

Thanks!
I doubt there is patch for that. Is there an actual problem you have with sound?

To be honest, it sounds like your sound setup isn't all that good. Try getting better headphones or better speakers perhaps? You may be able to feed the sound output through some sort of post-processor and take advantage of equalizer in that but I've not tried this myself.
Not a problem per se, but in most games I like to crank the voice volume up and the music volume down so I can hear the voices better, as I often play in Japanese to try and improve my Japanese listening comprehension, and it really helps to focus on the voices.
For future reference, I ended up writing a Python program to reduce the volume in the ADX files and then re-applied them to the ISO. Took a few days to figure out all the file formats involved and mess around with the LBAs, but I got it working in the end. No surrender!
(11-03-2023, 02:22 PM)raeldor Wrote: [ -> ]For future reference, I ended up writing a Python program to reduce the volume in the ADX files and then re-applied them to the ISO. Took a few days to figure out all the file formats involved and mess around with the LBAs, but I got it working in the end. No surrender!

That's mighty impressive. That's one possibility I didn't even consider as an option. Do you have the script files in a github somewhere?
I have uploaded the Python code and a brief description of the tools I used here...

https://github.com/raeldor/lower_adx_volume

The Python code is very rough, but maybe it'll be useful for someone. The ISO is VERY fussy about LBAs. If any of them (even those inside CVM) are out of whack the game crashes. If I get some more time, I might look into seeing if this can be done as a mod. I think maybe the modded files can be different sizes and that's handled by the mod plug-in, but I haven't read up on exactly how that works yet.
(11-04-2023, 03:54 AM)raeldor Wrote: [ -> ]I have uploaded the Python code and a brief description of the tools I used here...
https://github.com/raeldor/lower_adx_volumebasket random
The Python code is very rough, but maybe it'll be useful for someone.  The ISO is VERY fussy about LBAs.  If any of them (even those inside CVM) are out of whack the game crashes.  If I get some more time, I might look into seeing if this can be done as a mod.  I think maybe the modded files can be different sizes and that's handled by the mod plug-in, but I haven't read up on exactly how that works yet.

thx bro.