..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: What happend to plugins such as Lilypad plugin in Nightly release?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is undeniable that the Nightly release outperforms the standard one in terms of performance and reliability. But plugins like Lilypad, which I used a lot to setup my original DualShock 2 controller (using a Twin USB joystick) back in the standard release, are no longer available. particularly the rumble feature, which lets me turn on controller vibration while playing games and works just how I want it to. Even though the rumble appears to function on Windows, I'm a little annoyed by the fact that it doesn't work on the Nightly release. I wish if this could work again or I'm doing something wrong.

Please help and thanks in advance.
Should work if you map the motors in the config to your controller. I would expect the automatic mapping to do this.
The problem with that adapter is the driver for the vibration is just pure crap (and outdated too, IIRC they haven't updated it since WinXP days).
It was very unstable and could crash the game/emulator (Dolphin even have to code a workaround for those adapters so it can run while it was connected) or even it's own game controller properties in Control Panel (Happened to me with one of their drivers while testing the vibrations).
Also the vibrations only works in DInput mode AFAIK.

I recommend to uninstall the drivers and forget about the vibrations altogether or get a DS3/DS4/XInput-compatible controllers if you really want vibrations so much.
I was just about to make this thread today too. I'm using that adapter to use my Dualshock 2 controller. Vibrate worked just fine with earlier versions of PCSX2 that used Lilypad. With this new controller plugin that you took from the developer of Duckstation, vibrate doesn't work at all now on PCSX2, just like how vibrate doesn't work at all on Duckstation because the developer refused to support vibration for non-XInput controllers. Whatever, he can do whatever he wants, but at least give us the option to use Lilypad in newer versions, otherwise this is a signficant feature regression.
(11-01-2023, 02:49 AM)johnny2shoes Wrote: [ -> ]I was just about to make this thread today too. I'm using that adapter to use my Dualshock 2 controller. Vibrate worked just fine with earlier versions of PCSX2 that used Lilypad. With this new controller plugin that you took from the developer of Duckstation, vibrate doesn't work at all now on PCSX2, just like how vibrate doesn't work at all on Duckstation because the developer refused to support vibration for non-XInput controllers. Whatever, he can do whatever he wants, but at least give us the option to use Lilypad in newer versions, otherwise this is a signficant feature regression.

The vibration drivers are pretty unstable and could crash while it vibrates or even while starting the emu/games.
But since you guys wanted vibrations from these adapters so bad, there's a workaround: X360CE
This is a wrapper for DInput controllers and make it act as a Xbox 360 Controller complete with vibration supports if your driver supports it.
But still, since the drivers was unstable there's a chance it could crash the wrapper as well.

The real solution for all of this is if someone would came up with the better, stable driver for these adapters.
Note to anyone who uses this adapter and wants vibration, PCSX2 v1.7.2761 is the last version to support Lilypad and not the Qt rewrite.

github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/releases/download/v1.7.2761/pcsx2-v1.7.2761-windows-64bit-SSE4.7z

Quote:there's a workaround: X360CE
I tried that and it doesn't work at all. Vibrate testing works inside X360CE itself but it doesn't actually output vibrate in its XInput output for any emulator such as Duckstation to use. Tried every conceivable configuration and combination in X360CE for Duckstation, e.g. flipping/inverting the two motors, two motors as one left motor, two motors as one right motor, setting to to Constant2 instead of Constant setting, etc. Tried also Woj XInput Emulator, vJoy + Virtual Controller, etc. etc., none of it works. Since PCSX2 as of v1.7.2764 from what I can tell uses nearly the identical plugin as Duckstation I expect the same issue.
Quote:The vibration drivers are pretty unstable and could crash while it vibrates or even while starting the emu/games.
We'll see. "Stable" PCSX2 v1.6.0 crashes to desktop within 5-10 minutes of playing Super Bust-A-Move with the vibration stuck on, forcing me to unplug the cable. Tried both OpenGL (default) and Direct3D11. PCSX2 v1.7.2761, on Vulkan (I don't think choice of renderer has anything to do with this crash-causing bug), hasn't crashed yet after playing Super Bust-A-Move for 20 minutes. So far so good (knock on wood).

EDIT: Welp, you're right, it looks like it does still crash with vibration left stuck on, though not quite as soon. Doesn't crash when turning off vibrate in the game's options. I can now see why the Duckstation dev hasn't bothered to add support for non-XInput vibration and why the PCSX2 devs opted to drop Lilypad. I wonder if Linux has this issue with this adapter too (and whether it supports vibration in the first place). Regardless I don't have the time to set up a fancy QEMU KVM GPU passthrough configuration to run both Linux and Windows any time soon so I guess I'd have to buy a new controller instead, like an 8BitDo Pro 2 Wired USB or whatever else seems affordable.