..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Auto Update Errors - Current Running Version v1.7.5228
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Just posting to see if anyone has had the same issues as me and if so, looking to see if there are any fixes in place. 

Whenever I try to auto-update, I receive the following errors:

Failed to rename 'E:/PCSX2\UPDATE_STAGING\pcsx2-qt.exe' to 'E:/PCSX2\pcsx2-qt.exe'

Failed to commit update. Your installation may be corrupted, please re-download a fresh version from GitHub

I've tried redownloading fresh versions every time a new update appears and fails, and I've tried changing folder locations as well. I then tried going into the properties and selected the ability to run the program as administrator in case it was a strange permission issue but that failed as well. 

Sorry if I'm being a bit daft but is there anything else I can try to get the auto updates working again? 

Thank you.
I'm on version 1.7.5232 and the auto-updater just flat out doesn't work anymore lol. I dunno what happened. It just gives a 403 error.
GuitarJimbo and NarooN im having the same issue as you if i want to update i have to actually download a new version and that help but the auto updter isnt working i have the same error have you found a fix for it?