..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Nightly Build crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I've been experiencing a problem in the nightly build. I just downloaded this yesterday to play God of War, I already have the bios and the destinations configured (Fast Boot), this is also the first time I've downloaded this. I've put God of War Iso in my roms folder, it appears in the list of games. But when I click on it, it'll open a window with a black screen, then PCSX2 will crash. I thought it was normal and waited like 2 minutes. I tried again and the same thing happened. I searched around and saw 2 posts that are related to my problem, something like upgrading GPU fixed they're problem, or by changing a setting (I haven't tried them yet.) I attached a zip here, there's 2 crash txt and 2 crash dmp. The 1st one is 9:03 pm (1st crash), and the other one is 9:06 pm (2nd crash). This is my first time opening the ISO.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5625U with Radeon Graphics  2.30 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon ™ Graphics
Memory: 8.00 GB (7.34 GB usable)

I'm using PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.5243
Its my first time using PCSX2, didn't even know there was cheats. I remember right clicking God Of War and setting a cover image (I thought the cover image of PCSX2 was gonna get changed). Configured the bios and the destinations. 

Graphic Settings:
[attachment=78772]

I'm trying to play God of War 1, its an ISO file.

For now, I'll try to update my GPU to see if its my fix.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(12-01-2023, 10:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

I tried playing gow again, crashed, looked at the logs folder (Path is in E:\Retro\emulators\PCSX2\logs), it is empty. I tried looking at the documents folder (C:\Users\banan\OneDrive\Documents), there's no PCSX2 folder there. The crash generated another crash txt and dmt file. I can attach if you need it. I already refreshed the logs folder, still empty.
Tools->enable file loggin
and try again
Okay, I got the emulog file. But it contains nothing, its 0kb and there's nothing inside. I tried playing again, but it didn't generate another emulog file. Just crash txt and dmt.
Oh, and I also tried updating my GPU, but its already the latest it said.
play the game until iot crashes.
once it crashes, get the emukog and make sure no pcsx2 process are running in background
(12-02-2023, 09:52 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]play the game until iot crashes.
once it crashes, get the emukog and make sure no pcsx2 process are running in background

Yes, that's exactly what I did before to get the emulog. Just now, I moved the emulog to my downloads. Opened PCSX2, played the game, crashed, checked on logs, the emulog that generated is still empty and has nothing written inside it.
And also, when the gow windows opens, there's a red text at the top right corner saying "V: 0.00".

Edit: I'm gonna try to add another game to see if its just gow having these problem.

Okay, I've tried playing Katamari Damacy, same thing happened. Emulog is still empty. 
I found a thread, someone mentioned that the log is cleared every time you restart PCSX2. When I try to play the games, it restarts. So how am I suppose to get the text in thhe emulog file if PCSX2 keeps restarting, causing the logs file to be cleared?

Alright, I turned off file logging and tried playing Katamari. An emulog was generated, 1 kb.

[    0.0179] Couldn't find translation for system language en-PH, using en instead
[    0.0182] Loaded translation file for language en
[    0.0193] PCSX2 Nightly - v1.7.5243 Compiled on Nov 28 2023
[    0.0193] Savestate version: 0x9a480000
[    0.0193]
[    0.0193] Host Machine Init:
[    0.0193] Operating System = Microsoft Windows 10+
[    0.0193] Physical RAM    = 7520 MB
[    0.0194] Processor        = AMD Ryzen 5 5625U with
[    0.0194] Core Count      = 6 cores
[    0.0194] Thread Count    = 12 threads
[    0.0194]
[    0.0194] x86 Features Detected:
[    0.0194] AVX AVX2
[    0.0194]
[    0.1836] SDLInputSource: Loaded 794 controller mappings from game_controller_db.txt.
[    0.3321] Scanning E:\Retro\roms\ps2 (recursively)
[    2.9607] Applying settings...

Edit: This also appears on the emulog when I try to play gow instead.
ok. you didn't load a game in this log.
same, but AFTER you load one

(and of course, don't reopen pcsx2, else it'll clear it)
Pages: 1 2