..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Suikoden IV Black Lines on Nightly Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I have been experimenting with 1.6 and 1.7.52 to compare the performance of Suikoden IV.
On 1.6, the half pixel offset hardware hack works well to remove the black lines/grids on the water and text when upscaling.
This same hack does not work on 1.7.52 though.
My preference is to play using 1.7, as the crop feature for garbage around the edge of screens is needed for Suikoden IV, plus the performance in general seems much better.

Any ideas on why the half pixel offset is not working as per the stable build in this case?
I have tried changing as many rendering and video settings as I can on 1.7.52, but to not avail.

Cheers!
Apologies for the double post, but I am updating this in case the information I have discovered is useful. Either to devs or to someone else searching for this information.

The last nightly build in which the half pixel offset fix works correctly in Suikoden IV is 1.7.4755
With whatever change was implemented in 1.7.4756 seeming to have broken this function going forward.

Hope that's helpful!